Searching...

Pixelated display fetch tv Catchup/moviestore

MMam80

Hi, for the last month our Catchup display and downloaded movie store movies are showing a pixelated display. 

We sometimes get a HDD fault and restart a few times and Fetch works again, but with this display issue, restarting, trying new cables, different ports etc just doesn't fix the issue. It is frustrating.

Normal tv shows and recorded programs work fine.

Please help! What do i do!

Thanks,

MMam80

Re: Pixelated display fetch tv Catchup/moviestore

Davelew

Hi

You can try a test for your fetch box using these instructions:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment-Knowledge-Base/Fetch-TV-Soft-Reset/ta-p/133753

If that doesn't work you will need to ring Optus support and request a replacement fetch box.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

petergdownload

This would seem a bandwidth issue. Does movie store actually store the movies locally? When you play a movie store but twice so you get the exact same picture issues every time (is exact spot and type?)

Are you using wifi or wired? What does a speed test on your PC show? Is the issue mostly in peak hour?

Grab a free 1 month Netflix account and see how it looks on your fetch box as a test.

Peter Gillespie

MMam80

Thanks Dave, unfortunately that didn't work.. our fetch box is even less responsive than before..

But thank you all the same Smiley Happy

MMam80

Hi Peter,

Thanks so much for your response...

We have the fetch box directly connected to the internet, and our PC has quite good speeds, even when connected to wifi.

Our box is now hardly responsive anymore, and we are constantly receiving the HDD Failure error <sigh>.

When we get the pixelated display, it is on any movie/any catchup show at any time (whther it be peak or off peak)...

Our internet it better now than when it was months and months ago - and even when we were having internet issues, Fetch still worked, especially movies and catchup..

Thanks for your assistance all the same Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

Hi @MMam80,

A key indicator would be to test when you play a movie store but twice so you get the exact same picture issues every time (is exact spot and type?). If the answer to this is yes then the issue is the recording of the show (hard drive). If no (the pixelisation changes each time you play the same scene) then the issue is more likely bandwidth / reception.

FWIW even though your wifi might be good you should always confirm speeds via a wired connection just to rule it out as a cause.

The responsive thing could also be the remote. Have you changed batteries? You can also download a Fetch Remote App and see if that improves responsiveness. 

But the hard drive fault would suggest that's the problem. You can request Optus replace the unit any time (as it is leased) and they'll organise a courier to come out and pick it up etc. Might be time to do that.

Peter Gillespie

Zac_D

Hey @MMam80

We'll need to take a look at your service and see what we can do to resolve this, it does sound like the HDD may be on the way out. Can you please PM us here here with:

Full name:

DOB
Account number:
Fetch STB serial number, (if available):
Are you the account holder: yes/no

Chat there.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
47 Kudos
16 Kudos
16 Kudos
11 Kudos
10 Kudos