cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor newpo3
New Contributor

Peter Drury, enough is enough

Rashford scores. " In a flash, a right royal red flash...a rash flash!"  For ****s sake it's the first game of the season and he's already at it. It took all my self restraint not to put my boot through the screen. Why can't this guy just commentate without turning every opportunity into a sound byte. We can see the action for ourselves and we know the game. It's just constant, every shot, every miss his voice rises to a shriek followed by some inane play on words (see Rashford above). Usually 3 in a row, each one more lame than the last.

On another point, how many "biggest rivalry in English football" are there. It seems every game featuring any of the top 6 gets this billing. Get rid of this clown, it's ruining my viewing experience. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Peter Drury, enough is enough

So I take it you're not a fan of Peter Drury? Smiley Wink

Who would you like to replace him in the box?

0 Kudos
New Contributor newpo3
New Contributor

Literally anyone. My 8 year old daughter who knows bugger all about the game would be far less annoying. 

Surely I’m not alone, you must receive 1000’s of complaints about this guy?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Not too many complaints on the community however I know on social there's been a few comments in the past. Have you chipped in on the Optus Sport page? Might need to get a petition Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Top Contributors