cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor Lolie
Contributor

Ordering powerline adaptors

Just wanted to know if it's possible to order powerline adaptors from Optus separately.  Because my landline wasn't working when I palced my Entertainment Bundle order, I didn't know which sockets in my house would work when it was fixed so I didn't order powerline adaptors when I placed my order.  

Now the landline service has been fixed it turns out I am going to need powerline adaptors, so I wanted to check whether I can still order them from Optus or whether I'll need to get them from a retailer.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RetiredModerator Dave
RetiredModerator

Re: Ordering powerline adaptors

Hey Lolie,

You can do either really - whichever works out easier for you.

If you do want to order from us directly, just get in touch with our customer service team.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

New Contributor hewitth
New Contributor

Hi Dave - where /how do I purchase them from Optus? How much is the Netgear ones?
I went to Office Works for the Netgear adaptors and they retailed for about $169 which I thought was exhorbitant?? I didn't buy them.

PS -unless I missed it, it would have been nice to be informed that I would need Power Line adaptors in order to get Fetch working? 

0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

Currently we're only stocking the D-Link adaptors, the current charge is $40 for the hardware plus an additional $20 for delivery. If you'd like more info please give our Customer Service Team a call on 133937.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Brandjes
New Contributor

Hi There,

Just received the set up box for Fetch and realised I do need the powerline adaptor. Checking the  Optus online community, I read that this can be ordered for $40 plus $15 delivery fee. Sofar so good. Called the sales line and spoke with a chap named Jim. Jim basically told me to take a hike as Optus does not do this. If you didn't order it with the set up box, too bad, go to a electronics store and buy it there (for 3 times the price) Jim works for Optus, as he kept telling me, and he knew best. Excellent way to make a long time Optus customer feel real stupid! If I can not buy this adaptor from Optus, and I am happy to pay for it, what kind of business is Optus running? I am not asking for free stuff !!

Looking forward to get a response from Optus.

RetiredModerator Alana
RetiredModerator

Hi Brandjes, 

Sorry to hear about the experience you've had with our sales team, I'll ensure to pass this on as feedback. 

You are able to order a Powerline Adapter through Optus, even if you have not previously ordered it as part of your initial Bundle. You can do this by contacting our Customer Service Team on 133 937 or chatting with us via http://yesopt.us/chat2us and they'll be more than happy to arrange this for you. As you've mentioned, the charge is $40 and $15 delivery fee and this will appear on your next bill. Please note that it may take up to 5 business days for this to be delivered.  

0 Kudos
New Contributor Brandjes
New Contributor

Hi Alana,

Solved the problem and found Netgear powrline adaptors on Gumtree!

Thanks

0 Kudos
New Contributor Vonster
New Contributor

I have just contacted Optus on the chat line and the Rep, Tracey, says Optus no longer stock them. I have to go to the store. I would like to buy 4 adapters as we have two PCs and Fetch TV and wireless is not coping with them all at once.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
New Contributor MichaelaHefti
New Contributor

Firstly I'd like to know why my modem seems to stop working almost every second day now. Do I need an updated version, eg a newer version of this modem? It is a Optus Netgear N300 Wireless ADSL2 modem DGN2200) It's very annoying as we have to turn everything off, leave off for a few minutes then turn on again to make it work. Please let me know what the best steps are to stop this from happening.

Also,

I had bought two D-LINK DHP-P308AV PowerLine Passthrough Electrical AC Network Mini Adapter AV500 when I started with Optus Fetch. Recently, One of the adapters was "flooded" when my airconditioner decided to drip water right onto the powerboard which held the adapter. It does not work anymore since then, nor did the powerboard. (Yes I did push the reset button to no avail)  😞

I bought a new powerboard but need this adapter back so I can get my TV in the lounge to work again with Optus Fetch.

At this stage TV not working 😞

Thanks heaps for any tips/help 

Much appreciated

Michaela

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hey there @MichaelaHefti, really sorry to hear that you've had a few issues there!

With your modem, are noticing that it's only the WiFi dropping out? Do you have anything connected up through Ethernet?

Generally speaking, there may be a fault within the line or modem causing the drop outs - is this something you've raised with our Faults team for investigation?

As for your PowerLine adapter, we can certainly order a new one for you! Feel free to PM me with your account number, full name and DOB - happy to get it organised. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos