Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus sport

Hi, so I have an optus sport subscription as my mobile service is with optus. But what I would like to know is am I able to watch the epl on a fetch tv box (and be able to record games) even though my internet is with another provider?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Optus sport

I am 99.9% sure that your Fetch TV box needs to be an Optus supplied Fetch TV box.

Even if your internet connection is with Optus and your bought your own Fetch TV outright through a retailer e.g. JB Hi-Fi Optus Sport would not be available.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yeah that's what I thought. I currently have nbn with optus but it's rubbish and I've had horrible service from optus since I've joined. Been thinking of switching but I love my epl so it's annoying that there service is so terrible.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Testa,

Thanks for reaching out. You would need an Optus supplied set top box. Essentially it's a firmware issue - the firmware built into the device gives you access to Optus supplied content i.e. Optus Sport. You're not required to have an Optus fixed line connection. You can attach a Yes TV by Fetch set top box to your existing Optus mobile plan. A Fetch mini will cost you an additional $10.00 per month whilst a Mighty comes at a cost of $15.00 per month. For a comparison between the two devices, check out this link.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos