Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Optus sport

I've just sent you PM from our end @Benny93, we'll chat there. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Its January 2018, and seems like Optus have still not sorted out their registration problems for Optus Sport. This is to provide further feedback & maybe help other users.

Like @Benny93, my wife just contracted for a new Galaxy S8 for 24 months.

(First hiccup was Optus not supplying nano SIM for new phone, knowing our old phone took Micro SIM...see my other blog)

Could not find anywhere on Optus web pages on how to register for Optus Sport, so went onto chat, transferred & call back with support expert, (at least that worked), who said it was a new system & complicated even for them. They registered my wife's username, and she received an email to reset password. However, looking at Gmail on a mobile and clicking on link, just took her to the Optus Sports App page and not a new browser window to reset password. Then told to log on to PC to look at Gmail, (lucky we just had one lying around), which we did using Internet Explorer 11.  Clicking on Reset Password link, did not bring up correct page rendering in IE11...said browser was not supported! So copied link into Chrome, got correct entry fields for entering and confirming password, and now all works. 

Optus moderators...you may want to provide this feedback to your developers.

Having just contracted with Optus for 24 month plan on new phone at, great expense (mainly to get WI-FI calling as Optus reception no good where we are, and they killed off HomeZone), we were hoping for a better customer experience. (Only reason we stay with Optus, is that we don't think Telstra or Vodaphone are any better for in reception in our area, or in customer service).

Highlighted
New Contributor Laney12
New Contributor

I have same problem, I used the link provided in solution however when I enter 

We've encountered a problem. You can also add Optus Sport from My Account  when I go to My Account, My Services is says Optus Sports is active, however when I go to Optus Sports and try to set up a log in it takes back in a loop to the Optus eligibility page.  I have spent hours on the Chat line, being switched to different teams and then provided the same information that didn't work, I also phoned the Optus Support and once again transferred to different team and then the line disconnected after being on hold for 30 mins?  I really surprised that none of the support information provided on Optus sites actually work??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Laney12
New Contributor

Same issues I've been having and still no solution provided!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Laney12,

Just so we're across this one. Optus Sport is listed as an active subscription on your My Account?

What sort of service had you signed up for i.e. broadband or mobile?

If we're talking mobile, your Optus Sport subscription would have been set up during the activation process.

Can you head to the Optus Sport login screen and try the, 'I can't login!' tab? Enter the email address that you'd registered for your My account. If the subscription has been set up, you should receive an email with a link to the password reset page.

Let us know you go, happy to troubleshoot this one with you.

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Laney12
New Contributor

After about 40mins on live chat with two different team members, finally sorted out the issue.  Optus Sports was included in my mobile plan but when it was set up by Optus, the username input (email) was all in Uppercase when my actual email is Lowercase as detailed in my account.  So every solution provided would not work i.e. register with Optus sport, send new password etc.  The team member had to amend my email addrs to enable a temporary password to be sent.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, I see. Thanks for the update @Laney12.

Let's hope it's smooth sailing, here on out. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor JuanitaE
New Contributor

I am having the same Issue

0 Kudos