cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus fetch mighty on another nbn provider. Still have mobile Optus accounts.

Hi. 

I have changed internet providers for nbn because of ongoing issues with Optus. I have fetch mighty. They told me I can continue to keep and pay for rental but now it says it is not activated.  I have other Optus products - 3 mobile phones for 1 for each family member and a sim for iPad through Optus. 

Does optus allow fetch mighty to be used through other nbn providers if you have other services through Optus. 

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Optus fetch mighty on another nbn provider. Still have mobile Optus accounts.

Answer is no. The box is leased and if you don't have a broadband account with Optus you are required to send back the box (Optus will send out a return satchel on request). If you keep it it will a) be deactivated (reactivation is not possible) and b) you will be charge $300 for the box. You can get the $300 refunded when you return the box. 

IMO if you like Fetch (and I think its a great box) then get a refurbished one from the FetchTV on eBay for $250. (Don't by one in a private sale as they are all to be deactivated).  1 year warranty and you own it forever. $1 to activate and purchase Fetch Packs if you want via FetchTV. Optus Sport is also available separately from OPtus for $15 a month.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors