Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus fetch box not activated

There are a lot of posts discussing the same problem. My fetch box comes up with a message saying it’s not activated. There are only two options network work settings which identifies I’m connected and restart, when restarting it comes back to the same screen. At no point can I enter my activation code. Please help!!
0 Kudos
17 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Optus fetch box not activated

Is it an Optus Fetch box supplied by Optus?

Have you done a hard restart?

https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/answer?id=9826

If you can't get it working just request another be sent out. Optus will send you a satchel to return the broken one in.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

This did not work. It’s a brand new box and there’s a lot of customers who have the same issue, how is a new box going to fix this?
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

You mean the three other posts you've read that have a similar issue? Or is it 10? People come to forums mainly to post issues so the other 18,990 Fetch boxes that are working as expected usually don't rate a mention. A new box is likely to help because its very unlikely to have the same issue.

If you can get in touch with a helpful customer agent then they might be able to fix something remotely but its a long shot IMO. Ring in business hours (Monday) and ask for the FetchTV team / department.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

This is another issue in itself trying to contact a customer agent, I have spent the last two weeks on the phone trying to get this resolved, is there any other options?? I have never had an experience like this with other providers
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Yeah, Optus does't have a great rep for customer contact. That's taken a big hit again with the virus which is presumable decimating overseas call centres. You're best bet is Facebook ir Twitter apparently which are monitored by Australian service agents. But as mentioned, the billing and FetchTV teams are generally 9-5 on weekdays only.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I’m sorry to hear your your have trouble connecting to your fetch service, I will get one of our team to contact you ASAP to get this rectified, I appreciate your patience
Highlighted
Blog Author

Something to be aware of:

If you've purchased a Broadband bundle from us (which includes Fetch), we will not activate the set top bx until your order has been completed i.e. our systems show that the order is closed and the service is active

Sometimes this can be held up  by our systems. In this case, the agent should be able to manually complete the order and send you an SMS with the activation code. 

Other-times, we might not have received a successful delivery notification from our courier. The agent will need to do as I described above. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dan, I appreciate your response This clarifies my question. I can confirm I have received the activation code from optus, before I received the box. Can you advise how long before the order is completed? Will I be notified once completed? Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi, just following up on my previous questions, as my fetch box is still not activated
0 Kudos
Top Contributors