Searching...

Optus cancels orders and does not inform customer. Chat is useless

Unbelievable

Optus advised that they would send me a new modem as my modem was playing up. The order was cancelled. Took me over an hour on chat with 3 service agents before they told me that it was cancelled and that I had to prove that my modem was faulty. this modem is over 5 years old and I have been an Optus Customer for over 12 years. One hour, numerous repeats and no resolvement

Cannot even email Optus as the only way to reach them is via post !. Funny that Optus charges us for hard copy invoices to be eco friendly but for us to even complain, we have to actually PRINT everything out to them ? Why is there a CHAT when no one reads the history ?

Re: Optus cancels orders and does not inform customer. Chat is useless

gas667

They are good at cancelling without telling you. A friend had an appointment with the NBN through Optus. Optus cancelled it. She took the day off and waited all day only to be told after an hour on the phone that is was cancelled and the issue was her problem. When their services are working I find it works well and is fast. Anything goes wrong though and you may as well stand in the corner and smash your head into the wall. It will hurt less and take less time. Your issue will still be there in both scenorios.

After weeks waiting for appointments that were never honoured and hours on the phone she was able to cancel her order and went elsewhere. 10 days later she was connected.

gas667

They are good at cancelling without telling you. A friend had an appointment with the NBN through Optus. Optus cancelled it. She took the day off and waited all day only to be told after an hour on the phone that is was cancelled and the issue was her problem. When their services are working I find it works well and is fast. Anything goes wrong though and you may as well stand in the corner and smash your head into the wall. It will hurt less and take less time. Your issue will still be there in both scenorios.

After weeks waiting for appointments that were never honoured and hours on the phone she was able to cancel her order and went elsewhere. 10 days later she was connected.

[ Edited ]
AlexRH

Hi @Unbelievable, very sorry to hear that this occurred with your order Smiley Sad 

We're here to help if you do still need a hand.

Please PM me with your username/account number so we can take a look at what's going on with your modem and arrange a new one for you if need be. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Unbelievable

Thank you Alex.

I have pm you, however at this stage still very dubious on Optus.

It is a sad day when one of the top TELCO company in our country treats its loyal customers with such shockimg service. People are not robots. My issue is the dishonesty of Optus and lack of care. 

Highlighted

Dan_C

Hey @Unbelievable,

I've replied back to your private message. We'll chat with you there. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
48 Kudos
19 Kudos
17 Kudos
15 Kudos
12 Kudos