cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

TraceyB
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus cable removal

Hi Optus, I have an Optus cable running from the telegraph pole to the front wall of my house which is unused and needs to be removed as we are renovating the property. Your website lists a number to contact for removing cables (133937 and 1800 557 319 opt 1 / opt 3). However I have spoken to several Optus call centre consultants in India(Ref - 19105112)who have told me a technician would contact but there has been no action. Please put me in contact with someone within Optus who can resolve this situation. FYI - Another technician has confirmed they are Optus cables.
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Optus cable removal

@TraceyB, we can help out this one.

Could you send us a private message? I'll just need your name, address and best contact number. 

We'll reply as soon as we can. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
jbh111
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi There Optus,

Same issue with us... old cabling and box needed to be removed, can someone organise please?

0 Kudos
Mike1234
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dan_C, is it possible for me to provide you with my contact and address details so that you can address this for me? I have an overhead inactive Optus cable coming from the street powerline to the front of our house. I need to get it removed prior to demolition. I've spent the last hour on the phone with Optus and they're just handballing me from one department to another.

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi there,

Dan_C is in the social media team who should be able to assist with this request.

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Gcjfp
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi there, We are demolishing our house next week and the person at the call centre was very confused by this too and said they do not remove overhead cables. I checked the website before and you defiantly do. Can we please organise to have our cables removed? Thanks!
0 Kudos
z_hook

Hi @Gcjfp,

Thanks for raising this.

This isn't something we can organise from our Yes Crowd Forums.

Please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
samdog1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

as I am renovating my house and I want the old Optus overhead drop cable removed at ***address removed***. This cable is not in use by Optus anymore 

Thanking you,

Kevin Burton

0 Kudos
Nard_YC

Hi there @samdog1. Thanks for posting on Yes Crowd! 

If you need old Optus equipment removed from your property, you'll need to get in touch with our Support Teams to raise this request for you. I've also removed your personal info from this post to protect your privacy as this is a public forum.

Please get in touch with us via:

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

samdog1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Still being sent around in circles through different contacts for 1 hour 55 min and not getting any help or answers. HAVE CONTACTED MY fEDERAL MP FOR HELP.

Cheers

0 Kudos