Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor glow
Occasional Contributor

Optus Yes TV Fetch app crashes on iPad

A couple of weeks ago the Optus Fetch app on my iPad prompted me for the activation code and then crashed.

Ever since it has continued to crash straight after displaying the splash screen while trying to contact the Fetch box.

This was previously working for months.

Same behaviour with the generic Fetch TV app.

iPad running iOS 10.2.1.

Tried unsuccessfully

- uninstalling app many times

- rebooting iPad

- rebooting Fetch box

- signing out all mobile devices from the Fetch TV UI

- deleting other apps to free up memory

- calling Optus Fetch TV support who confirmed it work for them on iPhones but they didn't have an iPad to check

I did get the Optus Fetch TV app to work on my Android phone which suggests that the problem is with the app on my iPad not a problem with the Fetch TV box.

As a workaround I can disable network access on my iPad by turning off wifi, then start the app starts which doesn't crash just displays an error "no connection".  Turn on wifi then select "try again".  I can now at least browse and watch the movies.  As soon as try to go TV the app crashes.

9 Replies
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Re: Optus Yes TV Fetch app crashes on iPad

Oh dear 😞 What a nightmare @glow

Just to confirm, apart from your Android device, have you been able to replicate the issue on any other Apple devices at all? Were you given a fault ref #? 

Is it intermittently occurring or is this happening every single time you try to use it on your iPad? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

AlexRH - sorry I don't have any other iOS devices to try.

It is not intermittent - crashes every time on both the Optus branded app and the Fetch one.

I wasn't given any fault reference - the agent basically said the app is working because it works on the iPhones they tested.  Initially he told me the app was fine because it worked on my Android device.  I got quite irate and told him he wasn't listening to me.

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @glow, might be best to have refer this to someone to look at for you. Can you send a private message with your Optus service#, full name and DOB for ID please? Also app version number if you can. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Did a bit more digging and found the crash logs in settings > privacy > diagnostics & usage data

Both version 3.4.1 Optus-branded and fetch-branded apps crash in thread "Dispatch queue: com.apple.root.background-qos"

If I was the app developer I would want to look at the crash logs.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nam_L
RetiredModerator

Thanks for the information @glow. We'll pass it on, could you also PM Scott with the information he has requested.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Genna
Occasional Contributor

I have a similar problem but on a Samsung S6 smart phone, Android Nougat 7.0 os.  Fetch App for Mighty Set Top Box TV downloaded & installed from Google Play Store. Signed in successfully using activation code obtained from set top box.  It worked for several weeks no problem!  About 1 week ago it crashed, I was asked to sign in, which I did, it comes up with a message "Forgot Code? Contact Optus", which is not the same error message you get when you log in the incorrect code, that screen actually tells you the incorrect code was entered!

Like the OP I uninstalled the App & reinstalled, reset the phone, tweaked phone settings several times, then phoned Optus Support who tested my activation code their side on smart phones, it accepted my code on their phones?!  They told me either I was entering the code incorrectly or something was wrong with my phone.  Saud I could try reset factory settings.

I know I'm not entering the activation code incorrectly, after all I got it right & working for several weeks! 

Recent Samsung sw update ran on my phone (I had no choice), that's the only real change, I'm an oldie & do nothing extraordinary on my phone? Bitdefender AV, regular mainenance manager runs?  What do I do now? 

0 Kudos
New Contributor AlexG
New Contributor

Happening to me too and many others... eta for fixing it??

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi AlexG.  At least now we know it happens on Android & Apple devices.  So resetting to factory settings or rooting the phone (not that I know how arghhh..) is not the solution.  My phone is new I have not even figured how to open the back to remove the battery yet, looks like rocket science, special tools required etc ...arghhh !  

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi AlexG & all others still looking for a solution, I found my problem!!  Yayyy   Smiley Very Happy

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment/TV-Fetch-App-crashes-on-Android-phone/m-p/332281#M...