Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
RichH
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Vision Box & Cable removal

Hi there, I have an old Optus Vision box atatched to the side of my house which I need removed (and the cable to the power pole). I am having no luck connecting to anyone at Optus. Has anyone had this issue and how did you get the box removed?

0 Kudos
26 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Optus Vision Box & Cable removal

Just keep trying. Have you tried live chat.

When you get someone there is a free precess that can get the cables removed.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
RichH
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Peter.  Not being an Optus customer appears to make it impossible to speak to a real person.  However, third time lucky I had someone on Live Chat who was helpful. They are having a technician call me but that was three days ago and I have not received a call. Hopefully I will receive a call soon ...  

0 Kudos
RichH
New Contributor
New Contributor

Well, three weeks later and still no response from Optus.  Losing hope.   Is there anyone out there who knows how to get hold of someone at Optus who can help????

0 Kudos
JordanOptus
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey RichH, if you PM us your address details we can chase it up. Did you get any referral numbers at all?

Cheers,

Jordan

0 Kudos
RichH
New Contributor
New Contributor

Finally the box and cable were removed on Friday.  I still cannot believe it has taken so long for Optus to react to my request.  I guess my persistence paid off.  Their customer service needs a lot of work as they are very much bottom of class currently.

0 Kudos
good1jen
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Jordan,

I need this done as well. We have a Optus vision box on the side of our house and its rusting away plus its never been connected as Optus has never been available in our street. I want the cable and the box removed, the cable runs right on my balcony and i can grab it! its like a clothes line! Please get someone to remove it as ive tried to get some one to remove it before but a man came out in a van, they need to get up the power pole and disconnect it, not a one man tech job.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hi @goodjen1, we can definitely organise this for you. Are you able to send us a PM with your address details? We just need you to confirm your complete address for us. We'll send out a field technician to remove the Cowell and drop cable for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
good1jen
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

Thanks ill send you a PM now.

0 Kudos
Cubs16
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

I also need to removal of an overhead cable and box on the side of my house. Remonacting my house and I’m not an Optus internet customer. Having no luck getting through via phone .. 

thanks 

0 Kudos