cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor HFC_cut
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus: The worst customer service EVER

Honestly the customer service is the worst. However is also no better or worse than Telstra.

Both Optus and Telstra have decided to use a convoluted menu system which us NOT intuitive and 50% of the time goes into a loop and or eventually says go to the website and then cuts you of??

The reason you are calling Optus Customer Csre is to SPEAK to someone not to patronised and told you wasted your time calling us because we are going to push you to work it out on another convoluted complex medium the website. Of course Optus management are told customer calls are down , we need less staff and our customers are happy.   Optus will also show their Net Promoter scores are up showing customers are happy as they don't count the thousands of calls forced to hang up being told to go to the website or automatically hung up on without even taking to someone. 

NO call should EVER hang up on you and ALL calls once telling you to a website and start going into a loop before hanging up should ask you to stay on and give a 1 to 5 rating of customer service and if the automated call resolved your issue !!

I am on the highest mobile plan and highest broadband  including Fetch with all options and everytime I call the 133 937 Customer Care line (again yesterday) this number is the most complex,  convoluted, long and illogical stepped menu, which is designed to do ONE thing, STOP customers talking to REAL knowledgeable customer care staff !! 

Contributor Ranger_13
Contributor

Well since signing up to Optus on 23rd September, today for the first time I can actually log in to my account and see the billing page and so on.....just over a month...what a service! 🙄

Last night air was able to watch the Premier League with no issues and I haven’t been in touch with customer service for a few days now to report another issue....I don’t ring them to sort out issues as they just send you round in circles on an automated phone system before telling you to do it online and hanging up on you......😡

So it it looks like I could be ok from here on....until they lose the Premier League then I’m gone forever....🎉

Wouldn’t touch Optus again after this nonsense if they gave away gold blocks with every contract

just one possible hurdle to get over now...,.after paying $39.99 for my first bill, which I was told was standard.......my next bill had better be $18.75 or I’m not paying it........you’ve been warned Optus.....you’ve been warned! 🤜

0 Kudos
Contributor soetes
Contributor

You're lucky you can watch EPL today - I can't.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hi @soetes, I've replied to your previous post. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor Ranger_13
Contributor

Well they’ve gone and done it, sent me another bill for $40 on an $18.75/month contract

I already paid $39.99 last month, which I was told was an advance payment on the account how they figure that out is beyond me….and now due to a ‘marketing error I’ve been sent another $40 bill

After over 45 mins on the online chat, I’ve got $15 off because this is all he could do, and now I have to wait 4-5 more days for ‘marketing’ to send me another bill

So who even knows how much they’ll take out of my account next week…..if ‘marketing’ don’t reply in time I’ll be charged $40

That’s $80 charges for 2 months on a 18.75/month account

Said it before and I’ll say it again….absolute bunch of clowns!

0 Kudos
Moderator Kartika

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, @Ranger_13. Sorry for your experience so far, can understand that you’d feel disappointed. Have you received any updates in regards to the bill and marketing offer since posting? If you still need a hand then please PM us here your phone number / account number, full name and date of birth to proceed.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor Ranger_13
Contributor

Well they’ve only gone and done it again....sent me a bill for $22.50 for an $18.75/month contract

so far I’ve had bills for $39.99, $40.14 and now $22.50......I have a SIM card I haven’t even put in a phone, I only want this contract to watch the Premier League, so how can the charges be all over the place when I don’t even use the card......WHAT. A. JOKE!

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hey @Ranger_13, sorry for issues with your billing. We'll need to see your account to help with this one, have you since been able to get assistance? If not, please feel free to privately message a moderator with your account number, full name and DOB so we can check it out and get back to you asap. 

0 Kudos
Contributor Ranger_13
Contributor

35C49FBF-3D00-4CB9-BFDD-5E96BF628DBC.jpeg

Can anyone else see the price on this?

So far I’ve been charged $39.99, $40.14 and $22.50.....but I’m sure I saw it somewhere saying only $18.75/month 😕

0 Kudos
Contributor Ranger_13
Contributor

Well, the clowns have done it again....another bill for $22.50 

Seriously, I just love spending hours on the phone and chat each month getting this sorted and being told it won’t happen again...

Top Contributors