Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor MadMick
Occasional Contributor

Optus TV featuring Foxtel

Why is it that I cannot access any details of my Optus TV account on the Optus site. Plenty of messages urging take up of Optus Presto, Netflix, EPL and Stan packages, but not even the ability to update my payment details for Foxtel. I am now in arrears because of this and when I tried to pay manually I get an "Invalid Account Number" message. The same number is quote on correspondence sent to me only 6 months ago. Has Optus gone completely mad? Foxtel via satellite is now my preferred option and the cable sitting out front of my place will become redundant. Unfortunate. Optus service delivery and functionality was great. Their website is the most convoluted and inconsistent means of getting anything done. These comments relate to Optus TV only. I'm still trying to make some sense out of the changes I need to make to my mobiles and Broadband services. It's chaotic.

18 Replies
RetiredModerator Steph_C
RetiredModerator

Re: Optus TV featuring Foxtel

Hey MadMick! To access your Optus TV with Foxtel account you need to head here, login and it it will be listed under 'My TV account'. Hope this helps! 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steph-C,

Thanks, but the account number that is given on two pieces of correspondence from Optus is not recognised in My Accounts - I get an "invalid account number" response. In the dozen or so years I have had Optus TV I doubt I have received more than one letter a year and mostly related to channel changes/updates. The account number I have just used again was quoted on two letters - one in 2014 and the other from November 2015. I may have to break into the family archives to see if any of the original stuff was kept, but 10 years on that's pushing it. I can't really say that I have a strong interest in ensuring Optus TV gets paid after the past few weeks. If I had to sum the company operations up in one word it could only be dysfunctional. Thanks for your help but I've already been to the page you provided the link to.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

Hmm. Very strange 😞 Can you private message me your full name, date of birth plus address incl postcode? Plus any account numbers you may have? We can check within our systems and see what's going on. We'll be able to provide you with your correct account number to pay any payments. Are you trying to pay using BPay or with a credit card through our website?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Nghi, I called 133161 this morning and spoke with Kumil who confirmed that my direct debit details had been updated, but had missed the cut-off point for a deduction in July. A double deduction will be taken in August and that will put everything back on track. He didn't confirm my correct account number however and I will chase that up in the future. I found the easiest and surest way to update my details for other accounts was to delete my debit card details and and click the link in the email page that is sent with my e-account each month. This took me straight to an online direct debit page for mobiles which I completed and signed off on. It also provided a direct debit authority form for my Broadband/Home Telephone account which I have since mailed off. The form I had located online earlier was first used about 10 years ago and carried a North Sydney address for the Optus head office. Although I had been using a debit card for the past 10 years it became impractical to keep trying to update it online so I swapped to a direct debit authority with my bank. All seems resolved now and I have cooled down, but I would recommend a lead page on your website for Billings to help customers get to the online function they need much faster. Perhaps less promotion on billing update pages and more practical information. Cheers and thanks. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

I'm glad to hear you were able to get that sorted MadMick. Hope it's all smooth sailing from now on. I'll pass along your feedback about the direct debit process. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Nghi, Thanks for your post. I received an invoice from Optus today showing that my July payment did not go through, but confirming that this would be corrected with my August direct debit.  It also listed my account number which was nothing like the number quoted on the most recent correspondence I received from Optus TV, so that mystery has been solved as well. Yes it should be smooth sailing from here. Cheers, MadMick.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

No worries 🙂

0 Kudos
New Contributor Ozwestie
New Contributor

How can i cancel one of the packages on my account?

0 Kudos
Moderator Alistar

Hey @Ozwestie you can do this in the manually in the main menu > Manage > Subscriptions > Yellow Button to unsubscribe 🙂 Please let me know how you go.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos