Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
JoeRourke
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Sports - two mobile plans one account

Hello,

I have two eligible Optus sports mobile plans, both have active subscriptions to Optus Sports. The username (email address) for both subscriptions is the same, as both mobile plans are under one account. As they are seperate mobile plans they should both be entitled to stream from the web app. However when I am watching and the other plan on my account logs into the app my stream gets paused as it is considered more then one stream from the same account (same username). How do I fix this so that I can stream using my mobile plan and the other plan stream at the same time? Do I have to change my username on one of the acounts? If so how do I do this?

Thank you in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
SamSam
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Optus Sports - two mobile plans one account

you need to register for Optus sport again (with the mobile number that hasn't got an active subsciption right now) and create a seperate log in for it

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
JoeRourke
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you for your help.

When I check 'my accout', both mobiles already have the subscription as active with the same username for each. I dont know how to change my sign in as I was not able to nominate a sign up name when I activated the service, it just used my email address that I have in my contact info for my optus account.

Do I need to deactivate one and then reactivate? If I do, do you know if you can know elect usernames?

0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @JoeRourke - did you manage to sort this one out?
If you're still needing a hand, can you please confirm the mobile numbers and your full name & DOB? We'll take a look. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

@JoeRourke, I've just replied back to your PM. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
JoeRourke
New Contributor
New Contributor

If anybody else is looking for a solution. The below may work:

Change 'my account' log in email.

Deactivate one of the optus sport subscriptions.

Enable the recently deactivated optus sport subscription (when available to do so - takes a litle bit of time to deactivate)

Hopefully this will enable with new 'my account' email, this should mean you have a seperate username for each service (old email for the sports subscription you did not touch, new email for the subscription you deactivated and reactivated)

owenhwh
New Contributor
New Contributor

i am having the same issue! very annoying... can i get a PM please?

0 Kudos
JoeRourke
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello,

I found this very annoying at the time and even called optus to no avail, so I jumped on here and was offered a helping hand fairly quickly. But after looking at solutions for other problems I had a play around in the 'my account' section.  

Unfortunately the system does not allow two logins using the same email address, so you will need another email address you can link to the account. I got a PM that said as much to me, which prompted me to do the following:

Login to 'my account' (https://www.optus.com.au/my-account)

Click on 'View profile' (top left corner)

Go down to 'Login' and change this email address to a different email address (second email address)

Go back to 'My account' page and scroll down and pick one of your mobile numbers (the one you want to be on the second email address)

Go to entertainment tab and click on optus sports (should say 'Active')

Click 'deactive this add-on' and then 'confirm deactivation'

This should take you back to the entertainment tab (it may still say it is active)

You will have to refresh (maybe leave for 10-15 minutes first) until it says it is inactive

Reactivate now (when able to do so) and this should make the secondary email address your new login for this subscription

You can now change your account 'Login' back to your original email address if you wish.

I hope this helps

0 Kudos
kyhii
New Contributor
New Contributor

I've 3 mobile plans yet only have one login account to Optus Sports.

I've tried these steps but still didn't worked for me. Even after I changed my login to my secondary email address, my Optus Sports username still showing as my original email after I re-activated the Optus Sports.

Any advise?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors