cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Avoca
Occasional Contributor

Optus Sports App - Apple TV 4 Gen - (FIFA 2018 Wolrd Cup)

I have installed the Optus Sports App on my Apple TV 4K 4th Generation, I can login successfully but cannot see the FIFA 2018 World Cup content nor the Live Stream Optus Sports 1 channel, only the EPL Channel is available. - Apple TV 4 Gen has the latest update - Optus Sports App is teh latest avaiable - I have deleted and reinstalled the app - I have switched everything off and on again
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Optus Sports App - Apple TV 4 Gen - (FIFA 2018 Wolrd Cup)

Thanks for reaching out @Avoca, Great to see that you're getting amongst the World Cup action.

Which version of Optus Sport do you have installed on your TV OS? 

You're unable to view any of the international friendly matches we're currently airing? Are you able to view any of the shows we have available on demand such as the Road to Russia? 

Let us know. I'm happy to reach out to our content team and ask whether there's an update for Apple TV that's still pending. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I have installed Optus Sports App version 1.2.0 on my Apple TV 4K 4G, as currently available on Apple TV App Store, which is remarkably different in layout and offerings in comparison to the Optus Sports App for iPhone/iPad version 2.1.12.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Avoca, thanks for that info. I've reached out to our TV & Content team for some advice.

All World Cup content is currently available on each other version of the app, there might be a bit of a delay.

As soon as I have more info, I'll be sure to update this thread. 

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Avoca, just checking in. 

I received a response from our TV & Content team.

"I have checked the ATV here and I’m able to see the international friendly’s and the international reply section.

As soon as I login to Optus Sport, it's the second and third option as I scroll down.

As per the live 24/7 liner channel that’s is still the EPL content."

We just wanted to confirm which options you do have? If possible, a photo would be really great! 

YCPM.JPG

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I can see the International Freindlies and Replays, but this is not my question.

Where is the dedicated FIFA 2018 World Cup Channel and the dedicated Optus Sport 1 LIVE channel?

To be clear, there should be three dedicated channels as per the iPhone and iPad App, currently its all bundled up in the Premier League Channel.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Hey @Avoca were you able to send us a picture of what you're seeing there? Jordan

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Image from iPhone App - (Three channels available i.e. FIFA, EPL and OS1)

AF36249B-B0F3-43C6-BBDB-2A84E26A68BC.jpeg

Images from Apple TV 4K App - (Only one channel available i.e. EPL. Where is the FIFA and OS1 Channel?)

BCF4387F-4A2B-45C2-9CC4-ABB2864CA549.jpeg

CE63B8C2-BA09-4445-ACE8-268EA8B059FC.jpeg

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for sending that through for us @Avoca.

Now, the live 24/7 Linear Optus Sport TV channel is still set for EPL content.

The tournament kicks off on Thursday 14th June with Russia vs Saudi Arabia at 6pm local time. 

Our coverage will begin at 9:30pm AEST on Thursday 14th June on Optus Sport 1.

I hope that answers your question 🙂 If there's anything else, please let us know. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks again but my question has not be answered.

My question is, when will the Apple TV App going to be updated to include, amongst other things previously mentioned, the Optus Sports 1 Channel?

Also, can the Apple TV App be updated so that it mirrors the iPhone/iPad App?

0 Kudos