Searching...

Re: Optus Sports App - Apple TV 4 Gen - (FIFA 2018 Wolrd Cup)

Dan_C

The Optus Sport 1 channel is already live and has been since launch.

I can see the 24/7 channel in the screenshot you've posted on the home screen "24/7 Premier League Channel."

Are you unable to navigate to the 24/7 channel launcher? 

You can definitely mirror your screen. that's not an issue. However, it really shouldn't be necessary if you have OS on ATV. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

MattBi

Hi Optus,

I’m currently having the same issue. Can you please confirm how the World Cup will be shown on the Optus tv app for Apple TV? It’s quite confusing as right now the app on the iPhone/iPad is showing the World Cup shows (road to Russia), live friendlies whereas the app on the Apple TV is only showing international replays. Even the fixtures section of the Apple TV app is blank whereas on the iPhone app the fixtures section shows all the World Cup games. I have the latest app on the Apple TV. 

Thanks 

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

@MattBi, I must be something here. I don't have an Apple TV set up in the office, but I was under the presumption that nothing had changed as far as your ability to navigate to the 24/7 OS Linear channel. 

Does your question relate to how at this time you can access pre-world cup content i.e. road to Russia?

The 24x7 channel should be there. Apple TV doesn’t have the option to swap from FIFA / EPL (and vice versa like the Android / iOS), the linear channel is located as part of the carousel scrolling at the top. If you cannot see it,  exit the app then come back in and It should be there.

Shout out if you have any other questions, I'm happy to try and source as much information as you need. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Avoca

Dan_C utimately I’m asking you (Optus) to have the Optus Sports App for ATV 4K updated so that it is the same as the Optus Sports App for iPhone/iPad.

You will not appreciate what I’m asking unless you have the App for each of the above mentioned Apple devices to compare against each other, they are not the same!!!!

I’m not after trouble shooting advice, what I would like you to do is ask the Optus App developers to update the Optus Sports App for ATV 4K, please.

I can not be clearer than this, in fact your next response should be as follows:

“I’ve contacted the App Devlopers and they will update the Optus Sports App for ATV 4K so that it the same as the Optus Sports App for iPhone/iPad by 8 June 2018 AEST”

Dan_C

I'm more than happy to send feedback through to the content/app team, but I can tell you that there are no plans to update the ATV 4k Sport app to resemble the tablet/phone version of the Optus sport app. 

To be perfectly honest with you, this is first time I've heard any negative feedback in regard to the ATV Sport app UI design. 

Highlighted

Avoca

The Good News is........

The Optus Sports App for ATV4K was updated 2 June 2018, I have installed the latest version 1.2.2 today.

The Bad News is.........

The “LiveSmiley Surprisedptus Sports 1” Channel is still not available even though it’s clearly indicated in the screen shot found in the ATV App Store - Refer below image.

5C393250-9BDA-4D49-AF38-A5B9CE5A7345.jpeg

The below image is a picture of what it actually looks like after installation .........no ‘Live: Optus Sports 1” channel!

2F70A2C7-3EBB-4F26-BBEA-4D8CB3800F3F.jpeg

QUESTION: When will this be fixed?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
47 Kudos
17 Kudos
15 Kudos
15 Kudos
12 Kudos