cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

darshman
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Sport video quality

My question to Optus is: When will we see Optus Sport with better picture quality and frame rate ??

I understand that Optus sport is streaming service no matter which platform you're using. I've got a new LG 4K OLED tv and using Chromecast Ultra 4K streaming device to watch Optus Sport on my tv. My internet speeds are 70mbps on average (never going below 50mbps). However the video quality is terrible !!!  I wasn't expecting 4K(although i do believe we should be getting this by now), but its not even full 1080p HD...  its barely 720p!!! this is awful. Its 2018... the MINIMUM we should get is 1080p Full HD with higher frame rates. You're ruining sports for the general consumer. If Optus wants to attract more customers, and keep existing ones, please please please provide better video quality. 

1 Reply
Tris

Re: Optus Sport video quality

Currently the stream quality for broadcast and on demand content is 720p @darshman, there's no details on when this may change. If you have a satellite connection, we can offer a full HD though. Thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback, I'll ensure it's passed on

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos