cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
AlonsoFurn
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Sport picture quality on Fetch box not acquired through Optus.

If I purchase a Fetch box outright from a retailer, will I still be able to get the upscaled 1080p / 4K Optus Sport feed, or is this only for Fetch boxes acquired through Optus' Yes TV?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nard_YC

Re: Optus Sport picture quality on Fetch box not acquired through Optus.

Hi there, @AlonsoFurn. Fetch’s recent adoption of the latest compression technology which allows our Optus Sport channels to be upscaled from 720p to 1080p / 4k is not a technology that's exclusive to Optus sold Fetch boxes. 

Keep in mind you will need to have a Fetch Gen3 Mighty (for 4k) or Mini (for 1080p) to make use of this technology.

We have a thread that explains this in more detail and how to change your settings on your Fetch box to make use of this technology.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AlonsoFurn
New Contributor
New Contributor

Great, thank you! One other question, is the on demand content also upscaled, or it is only the live streams?
0 Kudos
Nard_YC

@AlonsoFurn, The upscaling is only available on our Optus Sport channels (so currently Optus Sport 1 & 2). Sometimes the channels can extend, we've had Optus Sport 1-6 in the past when there were a lot of games/shows being broadcasted, these extra channels would then be included as well. 

As for on demand content, unfortunately it's not yet available. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.