cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Cmoore
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus Sport on VAST

See my earlier post contact that number and they should be able to help you, you must already have a valid OPTUS SPORTS account activated for online use Optus sports via satellite is an additional service. VAST do not actually provide the service they are just instructed to activate the card. Don't bother trying to ask Optus,call centre for assistance they no FA and will try and palm you off to broadband. Just say you want Optus sports via satellite as you are traveling, they will not refuse you as long as you pay the additional $20pm. I have had it for 3 years now with no issues. Let me know how you go or PM me
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Cmoore
Occasional Contributor

Further to my post see this link https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/answer?id=6993 Call 1800230158 Select satellite enquiry
0 Kudos
New Contributor brianjw
New Contributor

Hi Guys,

I purchased a DHR4901 OPT Satellite receiver from Radio-Parts. It runs on both 12V and 240V. The Receiver is capable of connecting to the Optus C1 Satellite to receive the VAST Service and also Optus Sports EPL package. The receiver also has a 2Tb internal hard drive, partitioned 1Tb for Vast recording and 1Tb for EPL recording.

To connect to the VAST service I had to first register the Optus Smart Card with VAST (https://www.myvast.com.au/register), Easy peasey....... I could now receive VAST channels.

Enabling the DHR4901 with Optus for Optus Sports was another matter. This is how I did it:

I was transferred from department to department around the world. About 6 departments in total. Eventually (after about 1.5 hours on the phone) I spoke to a guy who understood what I was asking for. I gave him my Optus Smartcard number and he confirmed that Optus Sport EPL was an authorised "bolt on product" for my receiver" He took some details off me (address, email etc) and told me that I would receive a letter in the mail and that the Optus Sport subscription would be available via VAST in the next 24hrs. It was actually available in 30mins.

Before I hung up on the guys I asked him what department he worked in and what was the correct number to connect the service.

He told me that he was part of "Satellite Technical Support" and that I could get him on "1300 361 930".

The cost of this subscription with this receiver is $14.99 per month.

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for letting our Yes Crowd community know, brianjw. Very helpful info!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos