cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus Sport on VAST

See my earlier post contact that number and they should be able to help you, you must already have a valid OPTUS SPORTS account activated for online use Optus sports via satellite is an additional service. VAST do not actually provide the service they are just instructed to activate the card. Don't bother trying to ask Optus,call centre for assistance they no FA and will try and palm you off to broadband. Just say you want Optus sports via satellite as you are traveling, they will not refuse you as long as you pay the additional $20pm. I have had it for 3 years now with no issues. Let me know how you go or PM me
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Further to my post see this link https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/answer?id=6993 Call 1800230158 Select satellite enquiry
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Guys,

I purchased a DHR4901 OPT Satellite receiver from Radio-Parts. It runs on both 12V and 240V. The Receiver is capable of connecting to the Optus C1 Satellite to receive the VAST Service and also Optus Sports EPL package. The receiver also has a 2Tb internal hard drive, partitioned 1Tb for Vast recording and 1Tb for EPL recording.

To connect to the VAST service I had to first register the Optus Smart Card with VAST (https://www.myvast.com.au/register), Easy peasey....... I could now receive VAST channels.

Enabling the DHR4901 with Optus for Optus Sports was another matter. This is how I did it:

I was transferred from department to department around the world. About 6 departments in total. Eventually (after about 1.5 hours on the phone) I spoke to a guy who understood what I was asking for. I gave him my Optus Smartcard number and he confirmed that Optus Sport EPL was an authorised "bolt on product" for my receiver" He took some details off me (address, email etc) and told me that I would receive a letter in the mail and that the Optus Sport subscription would be available via VAST in the next 24hrs. It was actually available in 30mins.

Before I hung up on the guys I asked him what department he worked in and what was the correct number to connect the service.

He told me that he was part of "Satellite Technical Support" and that I could get him on "1300 361 930".

The cost of this subscription with this receiver is $14.99 per month.

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for letting our Yes Crowd community know, brianjw. Very helpful info!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Is this being offered any more? None of the phone numbers listed here seem to help...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @philbyau,

We still have Optus Sport via Satellite.

If you're looking for some further info or to sign up, you can contact the team on 1800 230 158. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, I've called that number countless times over the last few days and no one seems to know what I'm talking about....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

This will continue to be a problem until there are identifiable links on the Optus home page for VAST service users; and Optus staff have the appropriate protocol to follow on their computer screens.

For VAST users there needs to be a system that allows users to subscribe on a monthly ad hoc basis when they are travelling as this is over and above what they are already paying for home use.

Even though I initiated this thread several years ago I gave up on it in the end for the same reasons others have reported; but Kudos to those who where successful and spoke to someone who knew the technology and had the unscripted knowledge to deal with it.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I took a bit of a different tack yesterday - I called the 1800 number listed above and went through the IVR - not sure what options I selected, but eventually got to an option that was 'Press 5 for Satellite'. When the agent came on the phone, I simply said 'I want to set up an Optus Sports via Satellite service'. They couldn't help BUT took down my details including the SatKing serial number and smart card number, and advised they were escalating it and could expect a call.

I didn't offer any other details, didn't mention VAST or anything, but right at the end of the call, she asked me if it was 'a VAST or Aurora service?', so there are people that DO know about it. I got a call yesterday afternoon and basically was all cool to set it up ($25/mo which seems excessive, but still cheaper than add on data for our Satellite NBN...), but then called back and because I don't have any other service with Optus, they can't set it up. I'm setting up a cheap post-paid mobile service and will try again once that's established in the next couple of weeks.

But the lesson here is persist - I've been trying to get this set up for a week now, and it's taken this long but there is a way to do it. I'll update once (if?) this finally gets set up.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I remember now - the options were about Optus Sport with Fetch TV, which eventually led me to the satellite option. Not sure why I thought to choose that initially, and I think I ended up with the Fetch TV team who then escalated the request, but I'm pretty sure that was the process.

Hope that helps anyone going through this again.

As mentioned, I'll update once everything's been sorted.
Top Contributors