cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Pavers66
New Contributor

Optus Sport on VAST

Hi, I would like to view Optus Sport through my VAST satellite system when traveling in my caravan. I do not have a mobile or Internet plan, I just have Optus Sport.  Is this possible and if so how do I get it enabled?

8 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Optus Sport on VAST

Hmm, this isn't something that's come in the past @Pavers66

Do you currently have access to Optus Sport on your VAST satellite service? 

According to Optus Sport - Satellite FAQ's, there's a few things you'll need to get going.

1. An Optus Sport-eligible Optus home broadband or mobile service.
  2. Access to your own roof.
  3. You must be within the satellite service area.

It doesn't look like you'll be able to use this service on the move, but our team would be able to confirm this for you. 

For more info, you can phone the team on → 1800 230 158. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Pavers66
New Contributor

Hi Dan, thank you for your response but you should really do your homework first. This issue has come up before but no clear guidance has been provided. You should also find out exactly what VAST is and how it is used by travellers.

Contributor Sputnik
Contributor

YES!!!! Dan C,

Please take note that this is a subject that has been raised in the past, and I was not the first person to broach this subject either. Just ask your fellow moderators Brock_E and GuyCS,

This is a good indication that the system is indeed broken and that there is room for improvement. Customers aren't fools and soon learn when someone is only paying lip service to their concerns.

Kudos to Pavers66 for bringing this to light.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Cmoore
Occasional Contributor

Contact Optus sports and request a  satellite subscription using your existing VAST card

The satellite subscription is an additional $20pm on top of your existing Optus Sports Sub of $15.if you are an existing Optus  Mobile customer this may be wa Ed.

Optus use a 3rd party to provide the card activation etc, so you will be redirected to themdurring the conversation.

took me 4hours to have the card activated with Optus Sports. I’ve had it for 3 years now with no issues.

unlike the stream, this is actual live not x amount of seconds delayed and all 6 chs are in 1080p

Be persistent with the operator as many do not know Optus satellite exists.

Hope this helped.

Contributor Sputnik
Contributor

Hi Cmoore,

Thanks for the heads up on that.

Do you use VAST because you are living in a fringe area or travelling with a caravan?

I ask this as because in the past the Optus staff have spoken about checking 'strata title' and insisted that they will have to check the roof for installation even though I have stated that the system is portable and for use with a mobile caravan.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi.

Anybody can apply for VAST even if you are in a city location. But only the ABC/SBS will be activated. If you  are in a fringe area  then relevant comercial service will be activated.

What you tell the Optus operator is that you allready have a VAST card and dish then they just send you to satellite installs and they take the details and arrange to activate  your card.

Optus Satellite can also provide you with an appropriate decoder and instal a dish for $250 (well that was what they offered me 3 years ago)  I would say that was were the confusion with strata came in the conversation. They were trying to da a fresh dog natal.

If you don’t allready have an active VAST setup and card then my opinion would be get a VAST card activated as traveler. Then get Optus to add the EPL to it.  It’s a lot simpler then doing a per name to resudence.

With a travelers card just remeber to keep reregistering it every 6 months to keep it active (a simple phone call and no proof of location is required)

Make sure you have the satellite setup active when you get the cards enqnled.

Contributor Sputnik
Contributor

Thanks Cmoore,

I already have a SatKing VAST setup with my caravan which I renew every 6 months, and occasionally have to request a rehit as it is not connected permanently.

I have obviously been stonewalled over the connection of the English Premier League. Contributor 'greynomadepl' on another thread that relates to this subject will be interested with your advice, so I will direct him to this thread.

Kind regards and a kudo left for you Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

glad to assist just persist here is a contact number to try as well  02 8748 2589 they are the actual people who organize the whole setup activation.

just keep persisting. To be honest I dont think there is many Optus EPL sat customers except pubs abd clubs but certauinly no reason to stop you getting it.

Alek

0 Kudos
Top Contributors