cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Cameron17
Occasional Contributor

Optus Sport on Tablet

Can Optus Sport please optimise the app for tablet? 

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 and tried to watch a Champions League game, however the Optus Sport app would not let me log in, and a search on the Yes Crowd and the Optus Sport technical requirements suggests that tablets running a current version of Android were not compatible. 

What's the point of having data free Optus Sport when I'm only able to watch it on my small phone screen? It's okay if I'm at home and can cast it onto my TV, but this is farcical.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Moderator Ev_

Re: Optus Sport on Tablet

Hey @Cameron17 - thanks for getting in touch. I've raised this with our TV & Content team for more insight on this. I'll get back to you here once I have more info

0 Kudos
Moderator Ev_

Hey Cameron, have you still been having issue accessing Optus Sport from your tablet? 

Our Supported Devices & Browsers for Optus Sport show the following are supported:

If you're still having trouble, can you please send through the following details in a private message:

• Optus Sport Username
  • What version of Android you have

Also, are you having troubles downloading the Optus Sport app via the Play Store or does the app have errors? Please feel free to also send through any screenshots if required. Thanks

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I know the technical requirements and why the app won't work on my tablet, that was the point of my question.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 runs Android 8.1. The optus sport app only works up to Android 6 on tablets, two whole versions prior to the current version. 

When is the app going to be updated to run on current devices? Or am I going to have to buy an obsolete device just so I can watch the football on a bigger screen than my phone? 

0 Kudos
Moderator Ev_

Can you please clarify what error you're having on the Optus Sport app so I can get this raised with our TV & Content team for more insight? Thanks

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

The app will load to the login screen, then when I enter my login details it says 'incorrect username or password'

0 Kudos
Moderator Ev_

Are you able to log on to your other devices and the Optus Sport page with the same details? 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yes I am

0 Kudos
Moderator Ev_

I've just got confirmation that the Optus Sport app is compatible on iOS 12.1 and Android 9.

I would advise raising a fault on our Online Faults page or via the Optus Sport app's Help & Support function so our techs can take a closer look into this.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors