Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Karolpol
New Contributor

Optus Sport on Kodi TV

Hi , I currently have Optus Sport on my Optus mobile plan. Is it possible to download the app from google play store onto android tv box Kodi and watch it straight on my tv? One of my mates recons he does it on his old android tv box without any issues however most posts online say otherwise. Thank you ! 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Optus Sport on Kodi TV

Not too sure about the Android box but you've got alternatives. 

My preference would be to get a chromecast and use that, fully supported by Optus. Otherwise HDMI from a laptop works to, paying Optus $5 a month for a Fetch Mini, screen mirroring if you've got it although I'm not sure about the quality. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Why don't you give it a try and see?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor Karolpol
New Contributor

Thanks SamSam. I have another app that I want to run on the box that is not supported by Apple TV. Cheers

0 Kudos
New Contributor Karolpol
New Contributor

Hey Peter , I haven’t got the box yet. I want to be sure before I pay $$ . I asked few sellers on eBay and none of them want to commit to saying yes. I’m not looking at getting a “loaded” box. I want to do it in a legitimate way. 

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

|As per @SamSam Get a Chromecast would be the simpliest and cheapest option. You can pickup a gen1 for around $20 and a Chromecast 2 for $50. Some Aldi store still have the Android media player for sales, maybe buy one and try it out.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Fair Enough.

Consensus appears to be Optus Sport on Kodi is a no go

I'd go the Chromecast option.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos