Searching...

Optus Sport on Fire Tv

Illustrious

I'm trying to start Optus Sport on my fire tv but I get an error message "Optus Sport won't run without Google Play Services, which are not supported by your device"

Anyone know what's going on?

Re: Optus Sport on Fire Tv

Marie

Hey @Illustrious

Hmm that is unusual, can you confirm are other apps working that need to be connected to Google Play services?

Are you able to check the operating system for your Fire TV and the Optus Sports App are up to date as this can cause access issues.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Illustrious

Hi, yes both are up to date. I've just downloaded optus sport so it should be the latest version, and I've also checked for updates on the fire tv; no updates are available 

What's interesting to me is that Amazon's fire tv doesn't even use google play services, so I dont know why optus sport should be looking for it here

Toomey

Hmm we will need to raise the issue with our TV & Content team to investigate. Are you able to raise a support case via the Optus Sport mobile app or website? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
50 Kudos
34 Kudos
24 Kudos
15 Kudos
8 Kudos