Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
grapenose
Contributor
Contributor

Optus Sport on Fetch TV Mighty

For the past two weeks of 2021 ELP the a  match that I recorded was unwatchable.

The recording started out OK but after about 10 mins the picture started to pixelate and I had to go to Mini Match to watch. I returned to the recording to see if it improved but it was the same for the whole match. It would appear that the signal had deteriorated . The following match was fine.

This happened with Liverpool v Burnley and Southampton v Manchester United and one other. They happened to be the early games.

The other matches that I recorded at a later time were fine.

I have a good broadband connection, so this is not the problem.

Don't tell me to watch on demand as I like to fast forward and this is only possible on recorded matches.

I have tried to fast forward x2 on demand matches and this does not work.

This is not the case with Kayo by the way.

I used to be able to record 2 matches at once this is not the case any more. Another retrograde step from Optus Sport which I have yet to receive an adequate response.

0 Kudos
25 Replies
grapenose
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Optus Sport on Fetch TV Mighty

Same problem this am with West Ham game.

Alright for about 10 mins then became unwatchable.

0 Kudos
grapenose
Contributor
Contributor

Recorded Norway v Netherlands this am on Optus 1. 

Match broke up after 48 mins. 

Not good enough Optus.

0 Kudos
Nard_YC

Sorry to hear about the issue faced, @grapenose.

If you experience any issues with your Fetch Streaming/Recording of Optus Sport matches, we recommend trying our Optus Sport troubleshooting steps

It may also be worth trying to perform a Soft or Hard Reset of your Fetch box. 

If you continue to face issues, you can raise a support ticket in the Optus Sport app or on our website. 

Alternatively, please send us a Private Message on our official Optus Sport Facebook or Twitter page and the team will also be able to take a closer look into this for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Davja1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have had the same problem since the euros finished. Raised an incident through the online chat. Last I heard they were trying to work out if it was Optus or fetch side. Like yourself plenty of bandwidth at the time of the issues. On demand has also been poor with the picture quality clearly not full HD. Yet the Optus sport app on the Apple TV doesn’t do this at all.

I have tried to find out where they are with it but it’s been silence for over a week now so something tells me there are major issues they don’t know what to do. Unable to use a service that I pay for is now becoming frustrating and think my next step is to take to the ombudsmen to seek compensation!
0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Hi @Davja1, it's not good to see you're experiencing this issue with your Fetch service. If you haven't already, I recommend following the steps in this Optus Sport troubleshooting guide under the 'Fetch' heading. 

If you continue to experience any further difficulties, I recommend sending a message through to our Facebook or Twitter page so that we can follow up on this for you.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Davja1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply Jack but I can confirm I have already been through this and already raised an incident and have a ticket but there is no change or fix identified or even contact now for over a week so really not sure what is happening and I am starting to get frustrated with a product that is not working.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jack_YC

I see what you mean @Davja1. I'm sorry this has left you feeling frustrated. Would you be able to send a message through to our Facebook or Twitter page? That way we'll be able to check on that incident you're referring to. 

0 Kudos
grapenose
Contributor
Contributor

Tried  a soft reset and then used wi fi instead of wired.

Two matches recorded with no problems. Changed back to wired and problem came back when I recorded two matches. Signal degraded about the same time on each recording.

Went back to wi fi and recorded Poland v England overnight with no problems.

Thought it might be a DNS issue but have the same settings on both wired and wi fi.

Don't think it's a wired problem but still very strange.

0 Kudos
Davja1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Message sent to Facebook. Hope it can be sorted out ASAP
0 Kudos