cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Moderator GuyCS

Re: Optus Sport games not showing up in the guide

Hey @Flashart53 - I don't believe the Fetch Mobile App will show the EPL guide, but you should be able to record the games from Menu>Optus Sport>Fixtures.

That being said, it does sound like your set top box might be faulty if you're having to reset it each morning. The best way to get this looked at would be to report it as a fault with our TV & Content team here → https://offer.optus.com.au/faultreport/individual/. Once that's been done, a member from that team will be in touch to get this resolved and/or order a replacement box if deemed appropriate.

In regard to On Demand videos for this EPL season, I'm confident the same rules apply as last season. We are permitted to show up to 29 Premier League matches per club per season on-demand. The selected matches will be available to watch until the next round of matches begin. We'll let you know which matches will be available to watch on-demand on the Optus Sport platform. For further info in relation to this, please check out this link → https://goo.gl/1MMns2.

We will be able to provide On Demand Matches for every game starting next year with the 2019/2020 season. Hope this helps clarify things. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Appologies, I was a year too early. They announced all games on demand when they extended the rights but that part of the agreement doesn't come in until next year

This includes exclusive live coverage on Optus Sport for every Premier League match, and  full on-demand, replay and short form rights for all 380 matches from 2019 to 2022. 

Found here - http://www.optus.com.au/about/media-centre/media-releases/2018/051/australian-viewers-able-to-access...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Neither the Fetch Mobile app guide or the TV guide in my Fetch TV box is showing the EPL games except for in OPTUS SPORT 1.

None of the ones that will be showing on Optus Sport 2-11 are showing and I CANNOT record games from Menu>Optus Sport>Fixtures. I hit record on my remote and nothing happens at all. 

As I previously mentioned all that that allows me to do is set or adjust Team tags which is not the same as recording individual games I want to watch. 

In the Recordings>Scheduled part of the menu, sometimes these team tagged programs don't show up there until the day before (along with other non Optus Sport Series link programs) and that does not help with my scheduling my time to watch these shows.

For instance I am unable anywhere to schedule the Southhampton vs Burnley game which according to Fixtures on the app is showing at 22.30 on Sunday on Optus Sport 2. Watford v Brighton is shown as 00.00 on Sunday but on Optus Sport 3, Fulham v C Palace on SPort 5 and Bournemouth Cardiff on Sport 4.

NONE of which show up in either of the program guides (app ot TV) LIKE THEY USED TO LAST SEASON.

As it happens it is On Demand as 9 out of 10 are this week but that is not the point. They are all supposed to be on live and in the FIXTURES area on the app it shows where they are on (including the ones on Optus Sport 2-11) and at what time they are on but there is no record function and neither is there in the FIXTURES area on the Fetch box.

Also in the Fetch box FIXTURES area, it only shows 9 of the ten games, not the game next Monday (Arsenal v Man City) even though it says these are ALL the games for the next 7 days.

And that still doesn't explain why the other problem of the SEARCH on Fetch TV doesn't work at all even when inputting the exact name of the EPL team or the word "LIVE"!!!

Regarding fixing the box that won't start automatically, I am loathe to replace this one because when I first joined I had trouble with 3 replacement boxes that refused to activate with the correct code!!!

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

NO worries SamSam, but sadly the moderator is incorrect too as he claims you can record Optus Sport 1=11 channels from the MENU>OPTUS SPORT>FIXTURES page but you can't. I tried both on the app and on the tv Fetch box.

So I'm no closer to finding out why this worked perfectly well last season but doesn't now.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Hey @Flashart53, just to clarify, when you're selecting the desired match, and selecting "Record Item" and confirming the times, this still does not appear in your scheduled Recordings? 

I've just tested it on my end: selecting the Southhampton vs Burnley game, and then navigating to "Record Item" and confirming, it appears in my scheduled listing, as it does for all other matches. When navigating to the respective times in the TV Guide, it's showing the R for recording symbol next to the matches. The Arsenal v Man City should be added to the Fixtures later in the week. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I am not sure where you are selecting "RECORD ITEM".

That does not show up on the Fetch Mobi app in FIXTURES or on the Fetch TV guide.

The point is:

1. Last season all the games from Optus Sport 1-11 appeared in the program TV guide on the Yes TV by Fetch box.

This year only games from Optsu Sport 1 appear. The other 10 channels show NO programming!

2. The same is true for the app, only the games from Optus Sport 1 are showing up, the rest just say the name of the channel.

I can see by going to the FIXTURES option in the menu on the app that some games are not on demand and some games are shown as on Optus Sport 2, 3, and 4. But I cannot schedule them to be recorded as there is no option for that in the FIXTURES area, only an option to edit team tags and to show they are active.

All I am asking is why aren't the games shown on channels other than Optus SPort 1 showing up in either tv guide and therefore not able to be scheduled for record.

3. Why do none of the games come up when I do a SEARCH (using the team's actual name) in either the Fetch mobi app or on the Yes TV by Fetch search function.

Pretty simple  questions but no-one seems to be able to answer!!!

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The moderators here appear to be useless and don't know what is going on in their own organization.

I say this because today, eventually all the issues I have had above including no games showing up on Optus Sport 2-11, and team names not coming up in searches went away!

So it was obviously a case of OPTUS not bothering to put the info into all of their guides and apps until very late in the piece.

Surely OPTUS can manage to get info they have already to appear at least a week before the event.

Even Foxtel have two weeks worth of programs in their guide.

Why couldn't someone moderating have checked that to start with instead of me wasting hours of my time on this useless forum?

ANSWER ME THAT PLEASE

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Glad to hear that's been resolved for you! Apologies for the stress and run around caused.

Moving forward, you can raise your concerns directly with the TV & Content team via in-app support or by using this online form.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Bullies
Occasional Contributor

I want to record a match next Wednesday, it is Thursday now. Can the moderator please tell me when next Wednesday's matches will show up in the Fetch TV guide (e.g. how many days before a match), so I can set matches to record? 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors