Searching...
Highlighted

Optus Sport app, including mini fetch box, buffering/pausing/quitting

JT13

Attempted to watch the Arsenal game on demand this morning. Below were the issues I ensued over an extremely frustrating couple of hours. I should mention that I spent three hours on the phone with Optus yesterday (most of which was on hold, or being hung up on) making sure my internet was okay for the PL this weekend as we'd been experiencing slow internet recently. I was told "we've run the test and your download speed is at about 10mbps which is normal". The tech also walked me through changing the wifi channel. 

1. Had Fetch mini box plugged in via Ethernet cable. Turned it on at about 830am, game was not available on demand. 

2. Went on the app on the iPad, it was available on demand...plugged it into the tv. Attempted to watch it that way; constant buffering, quality of the image was terrible. 

3. Went back to Fetch mini box, game was finally on demand. Started playing the game, tried 50fps which barely played so went to the normal one. The image paused approximately every 5-10 seconds for about 2 seconds (I have a video of this if you need proof).

4. Turned wifi off on my phone, so not using Optus' horrendous home internet, 5 bars of reception, 4g. Plugged phone into tv and began to watch it that way. Was working reasonably well for about 15 minutes, despite slightly poor image quality. Then the app quits. I started it back up again. Throughout the next 20 minutes of the game it quit or lost internet connection (despite full reception bars) approximately 7 times. I ended up giving up. 

Please do something Optus. 

Re: Optus Sport app, including mini fetch box, buffering/pausing/quitting

Hillzy

I was having the same issue on my iPhone.

When using 4g while watching - my 4g keeps cutting off and disconnects the stream

when using wifi while watching - the app shuts down by itself after approx 10-15mins

frustrating

Shauna

@JT13 - I would suggest raising your concerns with our TV & Content team via this link here, so they're able to run an internal investigation.

@Hillzy - What version of the app were you using? Have you tried deleting and re-downloading? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Hillzy

App is version 1.1.7 - haven't tried deleting and downloading it again - but will try it now and test it tonight

Shauna

@Hillzy - Okay no worries. Do let us know how you go. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
51 Kudos
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
16 Kudos
12 Kudos