Searching...
Highlighted

Optus Sport: Can’t Chromecast from iOS to Nvidia Shield TV but can Airplay to Apple TV

Silvertristan

Hi,

I use the Optus Sport app via IOS. When I Chromecast from my phone or ipad to my Shield TV to comes up with this error on my device “we have detected an unknown media error with the video you are casting and have stopped playback optus sport”.

I can cast from other apps like SBS on Demand, ABC iView, Tenplay. I can’t understand why it doesn’t work from the Optus Sport app.

I’ve deleted th app and reinstalled. Looked for a solution on other forums and no luck.

I prefer using Chromecast rather than Apple TV. I just think its a better system and works easier with my TV.

Please help!

Re: Optus Sport: Can’t Chromecast from iOS to Nvidia Shield TV but can Airplay to Apple TV

[ Edited ]
Brock_E

Thanks for reaching out, @Silvertristan.

Let me start off by apologising for both the delay with our response here and for the difficulties you've had streaming. We've been extra busy of late, and because of this, we're taking a little longer than usual to get back to customers. The above certainly sounds odd, you shouldn't be facing any difficulties streaming with your Chromecast, as it's listed as one of our supported devices.

In the meanwhile, please take a minute to complete a fault report so that our TV & Content team can investigate the above and get back to you with an update.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
47 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
11 Kudos
11 Kudos