Searching...

Optus Sport App on Amazon Firestick

Jimye

Has anyone been able to load the Optus Sports app onto the Amazon Firestick? Or is it just available for for Fire TV? 

This link suggests that it is avaialble on Firestick but I am unable to locate the app.  http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/optus-sport-how-to-watch?requestType=NormalRequest&id=70...

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Re: Optus Sport App on Amazon Firestick

Dan_C

@Jimyee, we've recently announced support for Amazon Fire TV devices. I'll try and locate more information, but I'm almost 100 percent confident that it encompasses the entire Amazon Fire TV product range.

That includes the 1080p Fire TV stick and 4k HDR Fire TV. 

The Optus Sport app is now available on the Amazon App store

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dmobile-apps&field-keywords=optus+sport

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Jimye

Thanks Dan.

My Fire Stick is 2/3 years old, think it may be the "basic edition", is this different to the 1080p Fire Stick?

Is the basic version compatible? 

Cheers

Dan_C

I've reached out to our TV & content team for a list of supported Amazon devices.

I'll send through an update in a tick Smiley Happy 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

steveyoshi

Any reply yet... I have the same question.

Can it be viewed via an Amazon Firestick ?

Alistar

Hi Steve and Jimye, I can confirm the Firestick is compatible Smiley Happy

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Jimye

Thanks, 

Any further info on how to install the app onto the Firestick? (apart from the info thats on the website) 

I am unanble to locate the app from the amazon store.

steveyoshi

Hey Jimye,

I did not go into the Amazon Store... Optus Sport found me...

I rebooted into my Firestick (HD via HDMI) front page... where Home, Your Videos, Movies, TV Shows, Apps and Settings are at the top...

Went to Apps and there it was... under the 'Featured' Sub Heading... clicked on it... it downloaded... installed and then I opened... used my log in details and I am already watching... just hope the Internet Speed can keep up now.

Good Luck

Jimye

Thanks mate! 

I've tried but no luck, I even reset factory settings but still no good. I have an older Firestick that was bought in the UK so maybe there are some geo restrictions? Even though I have set up a new Australian Amazon account. 

Tried downloading on my laptop from the Amazon App Store but it says not compatible. 

Think ill just go back to plugging my phone in the tv. 

Cheers again

amazon.jpg

steveyoshi

That is strange... my unit is also from the UK... so I am umsure if geo restrictioms are  the problem.

Having said that... my stick was set up im the UK for an Australian Audience.

Can you not search for it under the Apps page ?

Do you have a laptop that you can plug into a big screen as that is another way I can connect too, via a HDMI box ?

My Firestick also has basic screen mirrroring... that is under the settings tab on the main page too... so that would be wireless connection potentially.

However it is called something else... go take a look and if you cant find it... I will check.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
51 Kudos
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
16 Kudos
12 Kudos