Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
andyablett
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Optus Sport App Login on LG TV

It has been a month since last update? App still requires continual log ins.

0 Kudos
Marion183
New Contributor
New Contributor

I recently bought a brand new LG TV specifically because it ran optus sport for my husband. He is 81 years old and it is impossible for him to keep signing in and out everytime.

It is not good enough that Optus have known about this for months, yet have provided no fix. I shouldn't have had to do this much research before buying a TV as it should be expected that this will work without the need to login constantly.

I paid for the annual subscription. I need this fixed or I want a refund on this and I'll be contacting the ACCC as to whether Optus would be liable for the cost of the $1500 LG TV I just bought also, given I purchased this TV specifically because the Optus Sport website advertised that LG TV's would Play Optus Sport. Whilst the app is available, it is a reasonable expectation that you shouldn't need to sign in everytime.

I await a response.
Jack_YC

Hello @Marion183, it's not great to see this issue has left you feeling this way, it's definitely not what we want for our customers. 

As stated previously in this thread, our Optus Sport Dev team are aware of this and are aiming to have this resolved as soon as possible.

If you do have any further queries regarding Optus Sport, I suggesting raising an Optus Sport support ticket via the Optus Sport app. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Lofty1963
New Contributor
New Contributor

What a nonsensical response Customer Support. “As soon as possible”...when is this but being adddressed in the pipeline ? Has this issue been drawn to the attention of your product owner ?...how many other issues are being looked at and where does this fit in with the priorities?

As for contacting Customer Support with another supporter case are you saying that isn’t actually being addressed at all ?....why don’t YOU raise a support case on our behalf ?

Absolutely rubbish & inappropriate response. Kindly escalate the issue and get a better indication of what’s happening & do something about it.
Lofty1963
New Contributor
New Contributor

Folks

Delighted to report that there’s an update to the App that’s available and it fixes the issue!
0 Kudos