Searching...

Optus Sport - Android app not recognising password.. cannot login using app

[ Edited ]
Brotchdog

Hi Optus crowd,

Downloaded the Optus Sport app and have created an account and password.. but was not able to log-in using the app using my credentials as the app recognises my email but rejects my password (by surrounding the password field in a little orange box and displaying the text "invalid email or password")..

To test that my credentials weren't wrong I tried to login using my browser. I was successfully able to log-in.. but when clicking any of the videos to play on the website I am prompted to download the app. I already have the app.. so I am stuck in a loop.

I have tried uninstalling the app and re-installing it again. I have tried turning my device (operating Android Kit-Kat 4.4) off and on again.

What can be done to fix this error?

Re: Optus Sport - Android app not recognising password.. cannot login using app

Dan_C

@Brotchdog,

To test that my credentials weren't wrong I tried to login using my browser. I was successfully able to log-in.. but when clicking any of the videos to play on the website I am prompted to download the app. I already have the app.. so I am stuck in a loop

Just to clarify, you'd tried to login using your handsets web browser? Have you tried logging in on a desktop/laptop? 

Have you signed up for a stand-alone subscription, or were you an existing Optus post-paid mobile or broadband customer? 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Brotchdog

@Dan_C

Thanks for your reply. I was successful at downloading the app on my handset no problems; and was also successful at logging in on my windows 10 PC. I was able to cast from my handset to the TV but very choppy. I am on a stand-alone subscription for the World Cup.

Having turned everything off for a couple of hours I re-attempted log-in and have now (without even entering my credentials) been able to access the app on my android! (May have been an update from staff looking into the issue from the back end).

Appreciate your offer to try and resolve! Cheers

Dan_C

Oh, great! These sorts of things do have a habit of resolving themselves. 

If anything else comes up, give us a shout!

Happy streaming Smiley Very Happy 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

AlanK

I'm having a similar issue and wondering if you can help....i don't want to trust the leave it and it will fix itself method with the WC underway!

I updated the app as my old version didn't have the World Cup section on it. It then prompted me to log in but i haven't done this since initially downloading the app so i had forgotten my password. After resetting my password I can only log in on a desktop and not on the app, even using the same password for both.

I've tried clearing the app data, uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting my phone....no joy.

Any ideas welcome!

Dan_C

G'day @AlanK

That's an odd one Smiley Frustrated Can you send us a PM with your account details? I"ll need you to fill out the template below:

Are you the primary account holder:

Your full name:

DOB:

Mobile number:

Email address:

I've been trying to conjure up a simple resolution, I think have something that might work. We'll remove your existing subscription and subscribe you to Optus Sport. We'll see if that does the trick.

Send your info through to → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

Donna9

HI, I'm having exactly the same problem...android box not recognising password for optus sport app, I can log into the app on my mobile phone and PC but not on the android box. Can you help me please?

Aman_B

Hi @Donna9, thanks for reaching out. Android Box is not currently supported by Optus Sport and this may be why you're unable to log in, particularly as you can log in on your other devices. You can see all supported devices and browsers for Optus Sport here → https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/supported-devices-browsers-for-optus-sport?requestType=.... Just to make sure this is not a password issue, if you log out of your account on mobile or PC do you have any issues logging back in by manually typing the password?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
56 Kudos
50 Kudos
21 Kudos
14 Kudos
12 Kudos