Searching...
Highlighted

Optus Sport Android Tv

oels

When will Optus Sport be supported on all Android TVs? 

Re: Optus Sport Android Tv

Tris

We're working on more options @oels, I can't provide any sort of specifics though. Personally I use a Chromecast which gives an excellent experience. I understand smart TV support would be a cheaper option if you have the hardware, Chromecast is pretty inexpensive alternative though. Thanks for posting, feel free to check back with us on this 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

oels

Thanks. I've been using chromecast on and off. I have an external Android Tv box and would prefer utilising the convenience of an inbuilt app. The Amazon Fire app just needs a bit of tweaking and will be compatible with a lot of Android Tv boxes, which was working fine on several models up until the last update.

Tris

I see, thanks for the additional clarification. As you can appreciate each getting a platform up and running is a big task in itself, when you're dealing with multiple streams and devices, it gets really tricky. I can assure our Content team is working hard to enable as many options as possible, we want to be sure the experience is excellent however you're watching.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

trant82

Any update to the development for 'optus sport' app on Android? 

GuyCS

Hey @trant82 - we haven't made any announcements regarding a native Optus Sport App for Android TV, but we'll ensure your interest/comments are passed on. 

chezandfriends

Hello there,

I'm also curious as to whether there have been any developments with regard to an Optus Sport app for Android TV, specifically for the Nvidia Shield.

Thanks.

chezandfriends.

Dan_C

Hey guys, no word at this stage.

If we do make the app available on Android TV OS, we'll be sure to let everyone know. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

JG8379

Let's be honest here folks. If Optus does provide us the Android Tv app, it impacts the money they make from renting/selling us the fetch boxes. I know Optus doesn't own fetch, but surely makes a margin.

Nobody is going to come out and say it. 

Take Kayo Sports for example. They literally launched a few months ago, and already have an Android TV App. They cover a large variety of sport, much more than Optus.

If they wanted to do it, they would have done it by now. OR they are delaying it just to milk the cow a bit more.

Thanks

Jitesh

chezandfriends

Well to be fair, the Chromecast option is complete bullsh!t. I can only Chromecast one game (either a full or mini match) in the Optus Sport app. Once that match is done, I am unable to cast another match without restarting both my Android TV and the device that I was Chromecasting from.

Occasionally, the Chromecast stream stalls halfway through the match, and the only solution is again to reboot both the Android TV and the device that was sending the Chromecast stream.

Come on Optus, this is a paid service. Please, SORT IT OUT!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
47 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
11 Kudos
11 Kudos