Searching...

Optus Netflix Audio Distorted

Jakcrash

Hi,

As the title suggests, I am getting very distorted audio for Netflix when I use it through Fetch. However when I log in to Netflix through my smart tv, it works perfectly. I use an Ethernet connection for my Fetch tv. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Optus Netflix Audio Distorted

glenn0

Are you running a HDMI cable from Fetch to your TV? Are the Fetch channels any better in sound quality?

-------------------

Loyal Optus customer. My opinions are my own.

Jakcrash

Yes I am running a HDMI cable. The Fetch channels work perfectly fine, it is only Netflix that has the issue.

Further to this, I have noticed that if I start a show on Netflix from the beginning, the sound works fine but once I fast forward, the audio becomes distorted. The only way to fix this is to completely exit Netflix and then sign in to Netflix and start a show from the beginning again.

AlexRH

Hey there @Jakcrash, that's certainly odd :/ Are you having any trouble with other streaming apps like Stan? Or Catch Up TV/recorded shows? 

I have to admit, I'm at a total loss as to what would be causing it - recommend getting in touch with our Fetch Techies on 13 13 44 Smiley Happy 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

trs

We had an issue with netflix on our fetch box with the audio. It sounded like the chipmunks, or it was being played in fast forward. Got optus to send us a new box, but still the same problem. We finally spoke to a tech that could help. When you go to play a title, scroll down to audio and subtitles. There it give you a list of options. It might be set to English 5.1, change it to just English. This could be the issue if you're not running surround sound. It sorted our problem out. I'm not sure why optus wouldn't post this on their website somewhere.

Shauna

Thanks for reaching out @trs. Did that solve the issue @Jakcrash? How did you go?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Nessiejoy

I have this same problem. Default audio setting when logged into Netflix is English 5.1. The sound is distorted, changing it to plain English sorts the issue... It is highly annoying doing this every time I watch something... You cant even binge watch anything without having to change the setting every episode. I dont care if I have sterio sound, is there a way to change the default setting?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
47 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
11 Kudos
11 Kudos