cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Akko
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus Fetch change to electronic program guide

So up until about a week ago if I pressed EPG button to look at the TV guide then "My Channels" would immediately come up on the screen.  This has been changed so that now it defaults to show all channels including the PayTV packages that I dont have.  So then I have to press many buttons to go to the far right hand side of menu to get "My Channel".  Honestly what IDIOT made this change?  When I press EPG I want to see the channels I have selected to see, not what you want me to see and not have to push a pile of buttons to find them.  Forcing me to go thru all the channel packs I dont have every time I want to view the TV guide is utterly stupid.  Does nobody at Optus understand how frustrating this has made the Fetch box to use.  Every day many times I am being inconvenienced by this.  Put it back the way it was.  I pay for this and I want it how it works best for me.  I am well aware the channel packs are there and forcing me wade thru them to view the EPG will never cause me to purchase them.  FIX THIS NOW !

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SamSam
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Optus Fetch change to electronic program guide

Funnily enough I think this is Optus doing something nice for their customers and giving them access to the premium channels for free during december - https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/All-access-to-the-Fetch-Ultimate-Pack-this-December/ba-p/35034...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hi @Akko,

Sam Sam is correct. We decided to give our customers a bit of an early Christmas gift. Unfortunately it doesn't look like we've communicated the trial offer as well as we could've (hence the confusion).

As per the blog @sam Sam has linked, "The trial ends on 31 December 2017.On 1 January 2018, the additional channels in the Ultimate Pack will no longer be available to view and you will revert to back to your previous channel availability."

If you do have any other questions for us, please let us know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Akko
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So I rang Optus Fetch support today to get some help with this problem.  It is not related to having the extra channel packs available.  This is a software change by the people who make the Fetch box.  If you go to the EPG (program guide) then press 'blue' button to get shortcuts you can then press yellow button to select "my channels".  This works like a sticky menu and causes the box to go back to my channels each time EPG is selected.  This is how it used to work.  Well done to the support guy I spoke to for fixing this as the change was so frustrating.  He also told me about the channel packs available for December which I did not know about.  Problem solved.

0 Kudos