Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor prj32
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus Fetch Box Black Screen

What TV are you guys using? I am seeing similar issues with Sony X8500D. I have 2 x Mighty's and 2 x Sony TVs, both same issue! After 1-3 hours, TV is blank, menu still works but recorded TV, live TV or IP TV is just black.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor camerono
New Contributor

Hi, did you manage to solve this?  I'm on my second Fetch box but still have the same issue.  I have a Sony TV and have tried different HDMI inputs with no luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Same problem even with newest 2.14 firmware which was supposed to address. Latest Android TV update (5.1 to 6.0.x) didn't fix either.  Do you have the Sony X8500D, if not, what model do you have?  

I have replaced both my units, tried all HDMI inputs (including ARC), different cables, adjustments to Sony TV HDMI settings, disabled universal remote, however nothing addresses this issue outside a hard reset. I also get mild succes from putting Mighty device into standby twice. i.e. power button, wait for red (in standby), power button, wait for blue (on), power button wait for red (standby), power button, wait for blue (awake) However when Mighty is recording this doesn't often work. 

I have case open with Fetch TV support and they are aware of the issue. 

Additional Threads with same issue with Sony TV

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment/No-signal-from-Fetch-TV/td-p/196111 https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Watching-Optus-Sport/sleep-mode-after-3-hours-how-to-turn-off/td-p/...

Since the new 2.14 firmware when I perform a reset via power cable, the unit gets put into standby after start-up which is also frustrating!

Others please share your experiences. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor camerono
New Contributor

Thanks @prj32,

I have a Sony KD65X7500D.

Glad you managed to create a case with Fetch TV support, as I can't find any way to do so.  Hopefully they resolve it soon as it seems to be a good unit otherwise. Would be a shame to have to replace it with something else.

Regards,

Cameron

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hey @camerono, sorry to see that you're still having trouble with it 😞

Recommend lodging a case with our Fetch crew HERE so we can get in touch and have a chat about what's going on. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Raymondj
New Contributor

I have the same prob. calls to optus are next to usless.

I have a Blue light on my modem, but geting internet to the fetch. have tryed wirless and wired with the same prob.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Hey Raymondj, I've responded to your other post.

Cheers,

Jordan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor pinni74
New Contributor

I have the same issue. LG C6T TV. Tried all the hdmi inputs but same results. Doesn’t do it all the time but when it does only a power cycle of the box fixes it. Same if it’s 4K 50Hz or 60Hz. We need a fetch box firmware fix. Chop chop Optus!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor DawMatt
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue ever since I replaced my failing Phillips TV with a Sony Bravia KD-49X7000D. I can see the same black screen issue up to 3 or 4 times a day.

In my case I've noticed:

• sometimes when I turn on the TV, it shows the Fetch TV's "press any key to wake me up" screen. Other times it just shows a black screen
  • If I show the guide or menu that works fine
  • Live TV channels, Netflix or playing recorded content will not work if the black screen issue is in play
  • It seems recording still work even if the black screen is in play. So the channels are being received and processed correctly but no content will be displayed
  • The issue stays in place until the box is rebooted via the power cord or the relevant menu item

Having to reboot every time is a pain. I don't want the kids yanking the power cord out and I'm not going to give them the parental pin so we end up having to do it for them. Way too regularly.

I've updated firmwares on both devices, swapped HDMI cords and have swapped to use the TV's HDMI ports that don't support the higher resolution/MHL features. I've even tried downgrading the resolution produced by the Fetch TV to 720P to see if that would help. It didn't.

I have been wondering whether picking up some hardware like this: HDMI Switcher or this: HDMI power filter could help. The Fetch TV doesn't seem to like the Sony so maybe this would be just enough to stop it recognising it is a Sony TV?

Has anyone found a workaround for this? It is driving me up the wall.

Oh, and forgot to mention that I contacted Optus a couple of times. They ignored me for a month. And today I finally got through to a Fetch TV support person. They denied this was a known issue and just wanted to hard reset my device and send me a replacement if that didn't work. We've tried a soft reset (still waiting to see whether that helped) and if not they plan to send me a new device. How did you get through to someone other than a first level supporter/script reader to someone who has some visibility/experience?

Thanks, Matt

Tags (2)
0 Kudos