Occasional Contributor

Optus EPL and VAST

Well crossed over to Optus purely for EPL and so far disappointing,

Subscribed to a mobile sim plan as all services are in contract, so

1. need to get an additional service

2. subscribed to EPL to view over VAST subscription

sim arrived as promised, thats as good as it gets,

no satellite service working as told by Optus staff,

rang to get information when this will happen and thats when the main dramas begin.

no one knows anything, even to the level that they put me through to the mysat vast call centre who know nothing for the EPL,

mutiple phone calls and still not even a close answer to anyone understanding what is happening and how it happens.

Come on Optus, millions of dollars to secure the rights to a service, and no staff knowledge

20 Replies
Moderator Tris

Re: Optus EPL and VAST

Hi there, I'm very sorry you've had so much trouble getting an answer regarding compatibility with VAST. To be totally honest we're still working through specifics regarding satellite feed access in this particular scenario, so unsure if you will require a separate installation/hardware. As soon as I have the information available, I'll post back with an update

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor egg
Occasional Contributor

I dont want another installation,

the optus website said its possible, the person I ordered with said it was possible,

I have a foxtel box and a vast box as there is no FTA transmission, so I guess EPL to outside metro areas is just a pipe dream

0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

I totally understand you don't want a separate installation, I'm in the process of confirming if you will need one or not to access the EPL content though. I'll get back to you as soon as I can with an answer 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

meanwhile paying for a mobile service I do not need but require for a service that cant be accessed

0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

Just an update egg, depending on the specifics of your VAST set up, we may be able to skip the installation. If you give our satellite crew a buzz on 1800230158 they can discuss this further 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

thankas,

do you have a number I can call you on

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Just for 45 minutes to waste,

I call the number listed,

First person knows nothing takes all my details, and then transfers me to NBN billing

Second person knows she cannt assist so I go on hold for 15 minutes to be transferred

Thrid person in Optus satellite section says they cant help and to call 1800 230 158

I wonder, should I call again..........

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

Oh no egg 😞 Our Satellite team really should be able to assist here. I'm checking now if there is another team which can help because you already have a VAST installation at the premises. I'll let you know once I have an update.

0 Kudos
New Contributor tech-junkie
New Contributor

I have exactly the same issue as egg.....signed up to a mobile plan with optus only to be able to watch epl with my vast box but nobody at optus knows how to activate my vast card so I can get the optus sports channels

you have a problem here optus and need to do something about it

0 Kudos