cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Optus EPL Sport App support for Xbox, PS4, ChromeCast and Smart Tvs

I just tested my brand new Chromecast device last night.  This is great news!  I must say with the app, I'm having a much better time using it than watching via the web.  My BlackBerry Priv handles the data stream very well.  No drop outs and the picture is excellent.  Hope this continues when Chromecast support is officially pushed to the app.

If I've helped, mark with Kudos or Solution so I'm not sitting around scratching my head thinking I've got it wrong.
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Hey Clancy10 - not too sure what you mean? Have you been able to download the Optus Sports App onto your Chromecast?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor atoffolo
New Contributor

I've been watching it via chromecast casting my Laptop screen in google chrome. Worked perfectly.

RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Oh right - I was confused as the App isn't on Chromecast so I wasn't sure how you were doing this.. I have heard the webpage streaming seems to work pretty well 🙂

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

What I meant about testing my Chromecast was in general.  I can stream via my PC to the Chromecast, but as has been said, the buffering with ADSL is horrendous.  My phone gets the feed much cleaner and fluider.  To go from App to Chromecast would be fantastic.

If I've helped, mark with Kudos or Solution so I'm not sitting around scratching my head thinking I've got it wrong.
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nam_L
RetiredModerator

Appreciate the feedback Clancy10, hold out on this one. We're working towards this and should be available shortly 🙂 Nam

Contributor yppahton
Contributor

"Based on cumulative shipments of digital media streamers, Apple still leads the way having shipped close to 37 million Apple TV units since its launch in 2007."

Sony, on the other hand, has sold more than 40 million PS4 units just since the end of 2013, and so maybe that platform should be the priority for Optus.

0 Kudos
New Contributor RobC1985
New Contributor

Are you serious? It worked fine on Foxtel last year. You've literally made it a nightmare to watch by outbidding them and your pulling the 'it's a big undertaking' card? Don't take it from Foxtel if you're not ready to handle it!!!

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor JP1975
Occasional Contributor

This is an embarrassment. Tuned in again at midnight to watch Liverpool and the stream keeps freezing or blurring ( either phone or laptop )to the point that i even missed one of the goals. To top it off AGAIN my phone was letting me know goals were scored via another means before it even happened on the stream. So the whole LIVE thing is a lie and false advertising. I am a long time Optus customer with many services so i qualify for this delayed service for free. I feel sorry for those held to ransom having to pay for a service they probably don't need just so they can see the league. Fix it or on sell the rights back to Foxsports who know how to deliver it. Your slogan YES is also false advertising

Contributor yppahton
Contributor

So it's now been two years since we asked for PS4 support etc. Is there any update on this?

And it's still not possible to use the PS4 browser either, for example, as an alternative to a full app. Any plans to fix this?

0 Kudos