cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

Re: Optus EPL Sport App support for Xbox, PS4, ChromeCast and Smart Tvs

Our Optus Sport on-demand App will only be made available to Optus supplied Yes TV by Fetch boxes. This is the same as for the 24/7 Optus Sport channels.

0 Kudos
New Contributor AzItIz
New Contributor

Simple question, does Optus have an ETA on support for ChromeCast?

Really should be made a higher priority given current market trends, take a look at current market research and you'll find ChromeCast to be on the rise at a fast rate. The rate of increase for ChromeCast suggests that it should very soon be just as (if not more) popular than Apple TV.

"Chromecast takes 35% of the 42 million unit Global Digital Media Streamer Market in 2015, says Strategy Analytics".

• Based on cumulative shipments of digital media streamers, Apple still leads the way having shipped close to 37 million Apple TV units since its launch in 2007. However, Google’s Chromecast is catching up fast with 27 million units shipped in just two and a half years followed by Roku’s Box and Streaming Stick (20 million) and Amazon Fire TV (less than 10 million).

(reference Strategy Analytics - Research, Experts and Analytics)

RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

No news on ChromeCast at this stage 😞

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor dsanchez
Occasional Contributor

The EPL kicked off last night and i have to say the app experience was absolutely horrible. I tried to watch it on a Nexus 7, latest Android update and re-installed the app around 3 times. Same stupid error message popped up every minute or so saying unknown error - refresh the feed. As you could imagine, myself and half the football community who were receiving that message were not impressed.

I was also under the impression and was told by reps on online chat that I would have been able to cast my tablet to my Smart TV to watch the EPL. I am using the default cast option on the Nexus, not ChromeCast. Are you disabling that option also???

Are there any developments/updates at all about creating a smart TV app?

All in all, not a good start for you guys offering this new service

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor JP1975
Occasional Contributor

As for the phone app, what a piece of crap that is. Constantly crashing and having to reload. Somehow i knew this was going to happen, the season would start and optus would not be ready for it. Spend all the money you can to get the rights and then have a poor service for us customers. I ended up streaming the game elsewhere and it didn't  miss a beat. Hats off to optus. 

P.S - your slogan YES is false advertising.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Pongo63
New Contributor

I signed up on a mobile plan today at your Helensvale store solely to gain access to the premier league coverage.

I asked if we needed a box and was told that we would be able to chromecast.

This obviously is not true.

I am not happy that I'm not able to watch the football on my TV as intended.

This is my first experience with Optus and you are not off to a good start.

what store would you recommend I go to to be told the truth? Do I now have to pay extra for a box?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Robbie88
New Contributor

"I don't believe you have a realistic expectation as to how long it takes to develop an app on multiple platforms" - this is a horrible thing to say to a customer. I don't think that Optus has a realistic expectation that we will accept this when the season has already begun. I work in IT and Telecommunications engineering and I can't believe you haven't got this figured out yet. Then instead of stating, sorry, we have a vested interest in our Fetch TV box making it off the ground, you tell the customer they have unrealistic expectations? Wow. 

I think people were excited when Optus won the rights to the EPL because we have been shackled to Foxtel for too long, and their woeful access methods (IQ3 anyone?!?!). However, it is exactly the same with Optus. No transparency and poor customer relations. 

So just to summarise for whomever moderates this: No support for multiple platforms is not our fault, it's yours.  

Also, please update us when we will be able to stream on multiple platforms

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey there @Robbie, completely get the point your making here. I guess it's a matter of being able to provide the services to the masses at first. We've tried to ensure that majority of commonly used devices are compatible with the Optus sport application.

Chrome cast support has now been confirmed and we're currently in the final stages of testing. Once complete, an official announcement will be made. You can find further information on this here as well as recent updates in regards to other devices. I've still got no word on when support will become available for consoles such as the PlayStation 4. 

→ https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/The-Premier-League-2016-17-Season-Kicks-Off/ba-p/168734 Dan 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor RobertD
New Contributor

Time to get an app on the PS4. Just about every football fan I know has a PS4 so this would be very handy. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Steph_C
RetiredModerator

@RobertD We'll be sure to let our customers know of any updates to our available platforms when they happen 🙂 Steph

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos