cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor atoffolo
New Contributor

Re: Optus EPL Sport App support for Xbox, PS4, ChromeCast and Smart Tvs

I have a similar result with chromecast when I cast my  phone screen to the TV. All of the features of the app are on the TV but the video is disable. I can hear the sound. All my other apps allow this. I suspected the video is disable for casting to get us to buy the box. It would be much better using the app since this has the on demand aspect to it. Sort it iut Optus. I know lots if prople looking at switching and this would be a deal breaker...take the product above and beyond what fox spirt can provide.

RetiredModerator Steph_C
RetiredModerator

You're able to view content on either a gen 4 Apple TV or via AirPlay @atoffolo . As Tristan mentioned, we are looking to expand our available platforms for our customers, however this is not something we currently support. We'll be sure to notify our customers should any changes be made.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor atoffolo
New Contributor

It seems very strange that i can cast my screen via chromcast  and watch every other channel when I watch via the Optus fetch TV app. The optus sport channel doesn't appear on the fetch tv app. I'm almost certain this has been restricted. Also why is optus sport the only channel not to appear on the fetch tv app. I have a fetch box so I'm not trying to dodge buying the box its just I would like the on demand aspect and flexibility to watch on other TVs 'a la' netflix and every other modern media app.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor JP1975
Occasional Contributor

what about fetch TV. I did my research (obviously not well enough) but nevertheless i went and bought a fetch mini outright from JB. As the provider you want to bill me $5 a month for the Fetch Mini. So doing the math 5 x 12 x 3 (broadcast rights ) = $180.00.

to by it outright it cost me $149. Its handy that i can access Netflix & Stan in the one place but unfortunatly unlike Apple Tv you have not provided an app for me to log in with my details for the Premier League. 

I understand the difference being that it's a Yes Fetch Mini as opposed to just the Fetch Mini, but if i'm willing to pay for it outright i don't see why you can't give me the app to access just like you do with netflix/stan ( still need a password to get in ) and there is no extra testing etc etc required for different platforms as this is the main one your using so it's as simple as providing the same app you already provide Apple Tv users

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

Hey atoffolo, our Optus Sport channel doesn't appear on the Yes TV by Fetch App as EPL isn't part ofthe standard Fetch TV package. It's an exclusive to Optus and we offer a stand alone App for EPL content. Chromecast support is being investigated though no news yet on availability. The Yes TV by Fetch boxes will be getting an update soon for on-demand content.

For JP1975, EPL is exclusive to Optus and not available on retails Fetch TV boxes or from other ISP providers. The hardware might be the same but our boxes have modified firmware to support our Optus Sport channel.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Seems a bit silly. It's  exacley the same box. Firmware is just the program for it to operate. If it can be done for Apple Tv to download the app and then log your passwords which Apple Tv has nothing to do with optus then the same applies here. Lets hope some common sense prevails and it's  made available this way of at least by way of the PS4. Premier League kick off in a few weeks, times ticking.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

I can see your point but our 24/7 Optus Sports channel isn't an App you log into on the Yes TV by Fetch boxes. It's a channel that is streamed from our servers. XBox and PS4 console Apps have been suggested in the past and our development team are investigating. No news at this time.

0 Kudos
New Contributor atoffolo
New Contributor

The fetch box should have the sports app just like the apple tv box does. The on demand feature is what people want.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Then it only makes more sense then. If it's streamed to the box then it should be as simple as just verifying my box and once complete allowing it to pass through. Optus already make enough off me with home phone, internet, pay tv and mobile being a 20yr customer and i don't wish to pay even more even if its only $5.

With the premier league kicking off very soon let's hope this development team get a move along otherwise customers will vote with their feet.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Where is the sports app. Couldn't  find anything.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors