cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Contributor England1
Contributor

On Deamnd Replay Contant Pause

So we're back to where we were when Optus first took the EPL over. On Demand replays of EPL matchesd pausing every 6 seconds. Fine unless you fast forward or stop - once you so the death pause starts and doesnt stop. There are quite a few just getting the same response judging by the blogs. Optus you tried to blame our kit last year saying that out of all the devices and modems running that we had insufficient to run Optus (even tho never any issue with Foxtel or any other devices ).

I read one reply to same complaint on 2 Oct 17 saying to restart the Fetch box. Just like them it did not change just as that chap found as well.

Can we sort it out once and for all.

Oh - and when will you get FF and RW with visuals so we can see where we are - cant be that hard ,, can it

Cheers

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Moderator Aman_B

Re: On Deamnd Replay Contant Pause

Hey @England1, apologies with the stream. Could you please confirm if you've reported the fault Here

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor Antonino
Occasional Contributor

I have exactly the same issue. I tweeted I had this problem a few weeks ago. Channels stream fine. 

Moderator Aman_B

Hi @Antonino, is this happening on demand as well? If restarting the device didn't help then please report with your details → Here

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor guyong
Occasional Contributor

Me too, see https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Resolve-Issues/Fetch-mini-on-demand-EPL-pauses-every-6-seconds/m-p/...

Anyone know how we can petition the FA not to renew with Optus?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

It is specifically on demand only in a certain scenario which I have detailed below.

Watching the Optus sport channels and live is fine. Watching highlights is fine.

Watching On Demand is fine, until you fast forward. Once you have fast forwarded it will then pause every 3-4 seconds.

I have 100mbit NBN which is around 95 down and 35 up so thats not the problem.

I finally got through to support and they are going to send a replacement Fetch mini box. However, I doubt this will resolve the issue as to me this seems like a server side issue. I had no problems last season, but there have been multiple firmware/software updates since then.

Also, none of my 2x Optus mobile numbers are recognised on the past you listed so I can't even log a ticket ! :/

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @Antonino, could you please try streaming  Optus sport on a PC and check if the issue happens there as well. I'd still recommend submitting your details Here

0 Kudos
Contributor England1
Contributor

Yes - have reported in manner you asked

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi there, no problem at all streaming on my pc, or any other device. This is specific to Fetch. I have since received my replacement Fetch mini box, and I have the exact same issue (as I suspected)

This issue only occurs when you fast forward, as I mentioned previously.

Logging a ticket now.

Occasional Contributor

Re: On Demand Replay Contant Pause

Could someone from Optus perhaps test an EPL match On Demand to try and replicate the issue ?

It is specifically on demand only in a certain scenario which I have detailed below.

Watching the Optus sport channels and live is fine. Watching highlights is fine.

Watching On Demand is fine, until you fast forward. Once you have fast forwarded it will then pause every 3-4 seconds.

Top Contributors