Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor StephenK
Occasional Contributor

OPtus sport billing

Despite opting out of Optus Sport in mid July when I was advised that it would be charged I have now got a bill with a charge for August for Optus Sport. I texted and have been advised that the bill will be reversed on the next bill. Come on! I opted out more than two weeks ago and it should not have been billed.

It reflects very poorly on a business that they do this sort of thing. 

It is unacceptable that Optus bill a customer for a service they specifically declined and then refuse to reverse and reissue the bill. Frankly this is a scam. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: OPtus sport billing

They're not allowed to re-issue a bill. They can provide a credit which takes affect immediately (or pretty quickly anyway) but that will only show on the next invoice. You should still be able to short pay this invoice though.

Invoices are for tax purposes, hence the reason why they won't re-issue them

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor StephenK
Occasional Contributor

Well I pay by automatic debit so the money will be taken from me. The claim that a bill cannot be cancelled and reissued for "tax purposes" is not correct.  I'm a chartered accountant. They simply don't want to do it. However it can be done and it's pefectly legal. What is wrong is taking money from people who specifically declined a service. Most people would call that theft. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

Hi @StephenK

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been incorrectly billed for Optus Sport. If an adjustment has been put through on your account to cover the charge it will adjust your outstanding balance and subsequently the amount taken on your due date by direct debit. This adjustment (correction) will then be detailed on page 2 of your next invoice under 'Credits & Adjustments.' If a request to adjust the incorrect charge has been submitted just before your bill is due to be debited then we may need to put a halt on your direct debit this month to allow for the adjustment to process. If this is required we'll happily put through a credit to cover any charges incurred by paying with a different payment method. If you would like us to assist with all of this, please feel free to send us a private message here on Yes Crowd. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos