cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

OPTUS FETCH BOX ACTIVATION

Hi Folks,

HELP...

I have moved home and contacted the OPTUS move team to try and streamline the move of my services as I run an IT Consultancy from home so need my NBN and associated services.

The move team changed my NBN Business Plan with additional FETCH Box to OPTUS Ultra Entertainment which includes the FETCH Box.

The NBN connection ,which is Fibre to the premise, was late by a few days but I got around that.

I plugged my FETCH Box in and it asked me to connect to Internet which I duly did and then nothing..... no connection ...

I raised a support call to OPTUS who advised eventually after hours on the phone waiting that my account name had changed during the move so my FETCH Box will not activate.

You would think that that would be a simple change eh.......... nope.... 10 days later and no call from anyone in support even with me chasing them up 3 times, they say the will escalate to the "IT" Team who will work on it.

So do I have any options here folks or does someone know if any of the OPTUS "IT" support folks are still alive and monitor these forums and might be able to help ?

I have worked my many Global and Regional IT Support Teams in my time but never have i experienced such poor quality support for a product.

Enough of the rant..

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: OPTUS FETCH BOX ACTIVATION

Sounds very similar to my experience :

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment/Fetch-TV-box-is-not-active/m-p/441933#M21451/jump-...

It's been a debacle to put it mildly. I actually wrote a letter to the CEO yesterday about this as Optus don't seem to have email addresses in which you can make a complaint.

Hope yours works out, I'm still waiting

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Surfhair, I've replied back to thread → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment/Fetch-TV-box-is-not-active/m-p/441933#M21451/jump-...

@Magicustus, you're also welcome to send us a private message → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So...

Its the 28th Today and I have had no FETCH Box since the 13th.

I ring OPTUS Fetch Support with a sense of resigned dread knowing that I will be told that my issue had been flicked to the next inept team and I will have to wait another 48 hours for nothing to happen.

This so reminds me of the 4 months it took to get NBN at my previous house and around 10 visits by various engineers to stabalize the connection.

I have considered reporting this to the Telecommunications Ombudsman  but I feel that another black mark amongst so many would achieve little.

I will spend my time seeing what options I can get from another provider and then work from there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Magicustus - disappointing to hear this is still un-resolved. Would you like us to take a look?
If so, can you please send us a PM filling out the following →

Full Name

DOB

Account Number

Account holder Y/N

Thanks

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shauna,

I would love to send a Private Message with the details you require but when I tried to send one to you it advised that I reached my limit of Private Messages ????? I have never sent any at any time so it seems that this doesnt work either.....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Magicustus, I've just sent you a PM so please let me know if there's any issues responding

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Buddy,

I get the  same issue when trying to send to you  as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hmmm ok, I'll raise this with our YesCrowd tech team and get back to you asap. Apologies for this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @Magicustus, I'm looking into why you can't send us PMs as I'd like to be able to get one of the team to see if they can sort this for you! Question - are you sending an attachment or copy and pasting from a Google doc into the message? If so, try to PM without doing that and see if it works.

0 Kudos