Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor Ace2
New Contributor

Not getting Free-to-air (FTA) channels

We just switched to Fetch from Optus with Foxtel, and no longer can get FTA channels. The support/help seems to indicate I 'should plug an antenna into the Fetch Settop Box", but when I was changing plan, I specifically checked that FTA would work via fetch, and the guy said "yes, you get it over the internet connection". I reiterated to the person that I cannot get TV via an aerial because 1) we don't have one and 2) our location gets no reception.

So my question is, what is true? Did the guy lie to me, or is there some setting I need to change on the Fetch box to get FTA? At the moment we're stuck with no TV at all (although may it has socccer...which is of no interest to us).

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Not getting Free-to-air (FTA) channels

Hi

You will only get FTA through the Fetch box with an aerial.   

If you have no reception I would consider buying a chromecast dongle and streaming the FTA through the TV companies apps.

The Dongle will cost you around $50 and you can use your smart phone like a remote control.   You will be using your data but as most Optus plans are unlimited that should not be a problem.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Ace2
New Contributor

Thanks Dave,

Nice idea - I have some Chromecast dongles I can try that on.

Speaking of apps, the Fetch box has 3 or 4 apps. Can you add others (like ABC iView), or is that it?

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

The apps are already there under Catch Up in the fetch menu, however, they don't allow you to watch live tv.  BI don't tend to use them as I find it easier to use Chromecast.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

This Wiki article is a couple of years old now but may be helpful.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor chagrin
Occasional Contributor

Irrelevant to my problem

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Please also see help and support article: Troubleshoot Fetch Free-to-Air channels

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos