Searching...

Not able to watch a game through chrome cast

Jamess

I can watch things like you tube. I can also watch short videos on Optus sport such as over night goals or game highlights but when I try and watch an actual game it doesn't load. Any ideas? 

Re: Not able to watch a game through chrome cast

Scott_M

Hi @Jamess, Live content is still loading ok when watching directly from the device? Just no Chromecast?

Jamess

Yes it works on the phone. Just not casting. 

PhilC

Hi @Jamess are you getting any errors when trying to cast the stream to the TV?

Received some handy advice from our Contributors? Remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo & Accepted solution their way!

Jamess

No errors just a black screen and the little wheel thing showing it's loading but stays on that 

Marie

Thanks for the update Jamess Smiley Happy 

Are you able to PM through your account details (username/ phone number/  account number) as well as your full name, date of birth and registered email address for Optus Sports.

Jords7

Hi Marie,  I'm having a similar isssue. I am however not able to load anything via chromecast on the Optus Sport app. This works fine for Youtube and other apps, just not Optus Sport. It detects the chromecast and starts to load. I then get the error message "we have detected an unknown media error with the video you are casting and have stopped playback" this is on two devices, my Galaxy Tab A and Android phone. I am casting to Smart TV with Chromecast built in.

Thanks,

Jordan

Jamess

im still having the same issues. in saying that its offseason so havnt touched it in a while but the last thing i want when the season starts is to have issues. i have even hard wired my chromecast to a ethernet cable and issues still pop up every now and then

Gen_R

Hey Jords7 - sorry to hear that you've had to experience this. Would recommend contacting our TV and Content team  on 1800230158.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Jords7

Hi @Gen_R I gave that number a call but as I got further into the menu it only gave me FetchTV options. I just tested it on an iPad an I am still getting the same issue.

Post a Reply
iPhone X now available to order

Stock will be limited.Read More

Top Contributors
15 Kudos
11 Kudos
10 Kudos
8 Kudos
3 Kudos