cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Contributor JorgeB1
Contributor

Not able to play back previous recordings on my fetch box

I having Issues playing back  recordings I did on my fetch box from a channel that was removed from fetch Disney XD, all the recordings are there but when i play back I just get a white screen, why is this happening also I used to be subscribed to the kids pack but I'm not longer have and now the recordings I did are asking for a subscription, I don't get it since I pay for the subscription when I did the recordings 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Not able to play back previous recordings on my fetch box

One of the drawbacks of all these subscription "purchaces" is you never actually own them. They usually come with all sorts of requirements to stay connected to the subscription platform (or if the platform closes down then you just lose everything anyway)

In the case of Disney XD, that has been closing down since late last year. Disney are launching their own platform (as mentioned they probably won't give you your shows back). Read here (lower down is about FetchTV)

Fetch themselves require the accounts to be maintained to keep viewing content (if you don't then you lose it all permanently). Read terms here but in a nutshell:

To continue to access your Purchased Content, you must maintain your existing account with Fetch. If you terminate your account, you will lose access to your Purchased Content. Even if you start a new account at a later time, you will not be able to access the Purchased Content from your first account.

Its possible there's some issue with your account and Optus can hook you back up again and restore rights though. You can resubscribe to a package on the Fetch box its self using Subscritions in the Menu.

Peter Gillespie

Contributor JorgeB1
Contributor

well that sucks, so the solution is not to buy anything on fetch TV cause you don't own it, thanks for the repply @petergdownload 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Not a great solution I know Smiley Sad You don't even own the Fetch machine btw (you have to send it back to Optus if you leave)

I think as long as someone knows that money spent 'purchacing' content on most platforms isn't really theirs, they can make their own assessment. Generally I'd treat Fetch TV as a great streaming service where you pay for monthly access (or one off viewings of movies etc.) but that its not a good place for building a library of content.

Peter Gillespie

Contributor JorgeB1
Contributor

Thanks for your help mate, I guess i better delete everything I recorded since I can't play it back,😕 thanks again @petergdownload 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Just to add to this, Optus posted a thread about this via Fetch late last year, explaining the reason behind it which Peter already touched on.

From FAQs:

If I’ve recorded content from these channels will I still be able to view it after the channels are removed?

Unfortunately, any recordings you may have will no longer be viewable after these dates as Fetch do not have the rights to allow viewing once the channels are removed from the service.

It's likely at the time there would have been a tile on the Fetch Menu advising of this change and the impact. Hopefully the show is on CH144?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor JorgeB1
Contributor

Not everyone reads the fine print so this info should help other people with the same problem,solution DON'T BUY ANYTHING ON FETCH, Thanks for your help guys @petergdownload @Ray_YC 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors