Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Non working Gen 3 Mighty Box

Why is Optus still issuing Gen 3 Mighty Fetch Boxes without warning that Free to air TV might not work? Instead, there should be a National Recall like that of airbags.  Even if ONLY one customer is involved. 

Optus deactivated my Gen 2 Fetch Box that was working perfectly well,  without my consent or authority. They have  since sent me FOUR  Gen 3 Mighty Boxes. Not one works. 

I am now told that there has been a problem since 2017 “ and we are working on it......”

After a month, that’s all I get from Technical support, Complaints  Dept, and the hundreds of call centre Operators - when I was able to understand them. 

Meanwhile, I am left with NOTHING. 

No Working Fetch Box....

I am told that my Gen 2 Fetch Box - DEACTIVATED BY OPTUS WITHOUT AUTHORITY - CANNOT BE REACTIVATED. 

I have asked for another GEN 2 BOX sent to me TO FIX UP THEIR MISTAKE - Here again, I’m told ‘WE CANNIOT DO THIS!!!’ go figure.....

So Basically, they cut me off a month ago, cannot either reconnect my Old Box nor issue me with another  Gen 2 box - as THEY  deactivated it IN ERROR. 

I am stuck between a rock and a hard place: I have 4 Fetch Boxes at my place that do not work - No resolution offered from Optus. 

No one really interested at Optus to help a client of 20+ years....I have spent money having my aerial tested and inspected as requested by the Tech team and found to be perfect. I have bought splitters, new HDMI cables as requested with no results.

My research shows EXACTLY the same complaint on various discussions  boards and panels as far back as Feb 17. 

We are now almost at the end of Jun 18 and Optus is telling me that it is a known problem and “we are working on it”

Really ????? ..... Almost A year and a half  and ‘we are still working on it’ - ?????

Not sure where their Technicians hail from, but in my business, after 48 hours, CRISIS LEVEL has been reached and all resources from anywhere and everywhere are dragged in and the issue MUST  be fixed and resolved AT ANY COST..,.

What has become of the Optus Company I signed up with 20 + years ago???? Alas, to the Third World....

Anyone got a solution as I have been beaten up and now got nowhere to go.....

And I am still being charged by Optus for the privilege. 

HELP - OPTUS MANAGERS . 

The Soccer World Cup debacle- when you failed to deliver once again - is another Gold Medal for your collection. 

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

GEN 3 MIGHTY FETCHBOX

Given the large no. I read of ongoing complaints in Forums, Chat rooms, Bulletin boards etc and the like since 2017 about many Optus customers eitther not getting FTA channels at all or unwatchable pixelated screens through the Gen 3 Mighty Fetch Box, I would like to know if Optus has:

1- Posted an explanation anywherecon the net about this issue 

2 - What is actually causing the problem. 

3 - What has Optus done to try and fix the problem 

4 - Has a resolution been sought outside of the Optus        Technical Dept

5 - Explained why a technical issue - first raised in 2017 is still ongoing in June 2018

6 - How many more years before a fix is available 

7- Issue a warning to New Customers that their new Mighty Fetch Box might not work  - before they spend money on aerials and other hardware. 

8 - Why is Optus not reissuing Gen 2 Boxes to Customers like me until Gen3 problem is fixed.? After 2 years of Gen 2 Box working perfectly well, I am left now with NOTHING and after a month of pleading, OPTUS STILL DOES NOT GIVE A STUFF ABOUT ME. 

So many questions and not a single answer....

Come  on Guys, don’t I deserve a little bit more than this for my money????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: GEN 3 MIGHTY FETCHBOX

Hey @Chopsstick25, the primary reason this may be happening is because the FTA signal in your property is not strong enough for the set top box. When you plug the aerial directly into a TV, it sends the signal to a single tuner, whereas your Fetch box uses 4 tuners to allow for multiple recordings/watching at the same time. This means that breaking up what already may be a weak signal is causing some/all channels not appearing when scanning.

My advice would be to consult with a professional TV/aerial technician who can review your property for signal improvements. This may include moving the aerial, installing a booster or replacing hardware. The most common resolution is to install a signal booster/masthead amplifier.

From our end you may be able to speak with the retention team to discuss alternate options for your contract if the device is not usable, unfortunately we would be unable to provide any equipment that would improve the signal strength in your home.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

The aerial has already been checked (at my expense) and found to be in perfect working order and condition - and without ANYweak signal issues whatsoever. Wasted money as was my expense on a Splitter suggested by the Techical Team. My aerial is relatively new and has performed flawlessly until this Gen 3 Mighty Box of trouble arrived a month ago. No FTA TV from that day on.

In fact, due to the high geographical location of my house in suburban Sydney, the aerial technician was very impressed with the quality of my TV signals. For the record, I've never had any problems with Gen 2 Fetch Box, TV's,Media Players etc - until Optus deactivated my GEN 2 Fetch Box without my request and sent me so far. THREE GEN 3 Boxes.

NOT ONE WORKS ON FTA CHANNELS

Even if this WAS the problem, would it not be Optus' responsibility to WARN its customers of the potential problem (Huge number of customers judging by the online Forums, Chats, Social Media avenues etc.etc.etc) and provide THE FIX for it by way of a Booster, Amplifier, Splitter or whatever else is required for ITS equipment to work ?

In my case, Optus has washed it's hands of MY problem THAT THEY CREATED and simply told me that they are aware of a problem (since 2017) and to go ELSEWHERE if I did not like it.....

BUT I reminded this ARROGANT INDIAN  Operator that Optus had deactivated my perfectly working GEN 2 Box a month ago  AND SENT ME THESS MIGHTY BOXES  THAT DO NOT WORK.

BUT HE COULD NOT CARE LESS.

Meanwhile I'm paying for a service and getting NOTHING in return...

I am thrilled and so impressed by this lack of problem ownership by a Telco.

Disgusted really......

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Chopsstick25, I am sorry to hear that you have been unable to get your FTA channels to work on the Fetch box. It certainly sounds like you've exhausted all options to get them up and running but it appears the box will just not be compatible at your current address.

From here my only advice would be to speak with the retention team for your cancellation/contract options moving forward. Obviously this isn't the result we would like, but given everything you have said, there really aren't any other options and we don't want you paying for a product that you can't use.

My apologies there isn't more I can provide at this stage. If you wish to speak with the Retention Team, they are available 9-5 Mon-Fri on 133937.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply - HOWEVER, Optus could, if it wanted to - SOURCE A GEN 2 BOX and return it to me since OPTUS CREATED THIS PROBLEM BY DEACTIVATING MY WORKING GEN 2 BOX WITHOUT CONSENT, REQUEST OR AUTHORITY. 

I am disgusted by the lack of acceptance by OPTUS that they STUFFED UP  and TOTAL DISINTEREST TO FIX WHAT THEY BROKE. .....Sorry, no can do attitude. 

FYI: I have contacted the Channel 9 Current Affairs TV program and will be seeing them on Monday morning to record an episode of this issue that has gone on for a month now  - to be aired on National TV. I have a thick folder of evidence, transcripts, call recordings etc. and they can’t wait to see me. I will go ‘fully loaded’ and will NOT spare any details. They are EXTREMELY keen to hear what Optus has done and FAILED towards even acknowledging that THEY CREATED AN ISSUE and is not prepared to FIX IT. In light of the recent SOCCER WORLD CUP DEBACLE, this will only prove, ONCE AGAIN, that Optus has once more failed to deliver and COULD NOT CARE LESS. I have nothing to lose now and everything to gain. You make your bed, you lie in it  

Won’t be long and I will now do everything in my capacity to hasten this process. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Chopsstick25, I've received a response back from our TV & Content team.

An announcement will be made within the next 3-5 days.

That's all I can say at this point. I'll be sure to update this thread once I receive more info. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Five days from today will take me to Mon 02.07.18 which is the day I am due to seek a resolution through the Media [TV].

Should I ignore the above post  and go ahead with my scheduled appointment on Monday 02.07.18 ?

My Gut feeling and instinct say YES - due to one month of  EMPTY PROMISES AND TOTAL LACK OF SUPPOPRT from Technical Dept, Complaints Dept, Resolution Dept, Call Centre Operators in India and The Philippines and their Supervisors.

Or is this a ray of Hope that could avoid another very hurtful and costly exerecise for the  Optus brand - especially after the SoccerWorld Cup Debacle of a few days ago when OPtus failed to deliver.....?

I now have five days to decide and your input is more than welcome to help me make my mind up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Dan_C 

What happened to ‘that announcement’  that, presumably,  would provide me with a fix or some resolve and hope for my THIRD non-working Gen 3 Mighty Fetch Box ?

Am I being naive to believe  that after a month of ‘could not care less attitude’ by Optus that suddenly I’d get help ?

Yeah - ...I also still believe in Santa Claus .....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I'd like to know myself. Last I heard, it was currently pending approval with legal.

I've reached out for another update @Chopsstick25

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos