Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: GEN 3 MIGHTY FETCHBOX

Hi Dan_C

...”it was pending legal approval”

Whatever ‘that announcement’  is (that I have now been waiting with bated breath)  it could NOT  possibly be the Technical solution I have been waiting for a month now with my THIRD  non- working FTA Mighty Fetch Box if ‘legal’ is involved. 

Am  I correct in this assumption and should I SIMPLY GIVE UP and write it all off as the WORSE EXPERIENCE I HAVE HAD TO GO THROUGH , AS A CUSTOMER,  FOR ANY SERVICE THAT I PAY FOR ? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

,.....waiting, waiting, waiting. !!!

Feels like the ‘Optus telephone queue’ for general and technical support......

Sonehow, I get the feeling that THIS wait will end up the same way all  phone calls end up - NOWHERE ! 

Does OPTUS really care about the amount of complaints and dissatisfied customers it has? Judging by the amount I have read on this Optus Yes Crowd, I cant believe that it is still in business. 

And if you want more to cheer you up, try Facebook or Instagram or any other social media avenue - you will be gobsmacked. 

I’d be hiding my face and running away IN SHAME if this was my business and collecting money but NOT DELIVERING.... This is what happens when you hand over your customer support to the Third World. But do I care? I can live without Optus but the reverse is not possible. 

Optus, you will soon reap what you have sown. 

Mark my words. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

I'm sorry there isn't further support we can provide. As Dan has mentioned, it is something our TV & Content team are looking into but until there is an update from them, there really isn't anything the moderators of this forum can provide. We have tagged and submitted your comments as feedback to be reviewed and will let you know as soon as there is an update.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

TWELVE REASONS NOT TO SIGN UP WITH OPTUS:

1. How many Optus Electricians does it take to change a light globe in an Optus Department?

2. How long does it take an Optus electrician to change that light globe?

3. Optus wins the Logie Award for ‘buck-passing’. Hands down...

5. Unless you have an hour to waste, don’t call Optus support. 

6. If you have an hour to waste, call Optus but it will get you nowhere. 

7. Before you call, enrol in  a crash course in an Indian dialect. 

8.Optus gives no guarantees that your chosen dialect will be the one spoken by your Support Officer. 

9. ‘English not supported here’ should be added to the telephone recorded Message. 

10. Optus has never heard of emails as a communication tool. 

11. If you are offered a call-back, it’s not going to happen. 

12. Mediators, Moderators and the like wear two hats and are Optus trained. 

This has been my experience over a one month period to try and get Optus to fix A MISTAKE THEY MADE. 

I am still waiting and reached the conclusion THAT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. 

I am going elsewhere after 20 years of LOYALTY and suggest you really think hard before you sign up and go through what I have experienced in 4 weeks. Things will go wrong and YOU WILL NEED HELP BUT WON’T GET IT. 

YOUR CALL BUT YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

....I am still waiting for that announcement ‘in 3-5 days !!!! ‘

It is now 16 days since and NOT A WORD has been said ...

Are you guys for real ?

It’s been  five weeks now  since I first contacted Optus with my issue:  “Three non-working FTA  Mighty Fetch Boxes ...”

I haven’t moved one inch from that first day when  I reported the problem. 

Sadly, the problem is still there, The Fetch Boxes STILL do not work and no one at Optus gives a toss. 

Phone calls are never returned. Impossible to talk to anyone or to get ANYONE to take ownership, offer any form of assistance nor attempt to resolve it. 

I have by now,  dealt with close on 30 ‘employees ‘ of Optus. Apart from having to identify myself a million times, all that I got were the promises of escalations, incident report numbers and even employee ID’s. BUT THAT IS IT - Nothing else. 

No call backs, no interest in solving my problem or offering ANY form of support whatsoever. 

Thanks Optus for rewarding my 20+ years of LOYALTY to your company..,.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Non working Gen 3 Mighty Box

I can only apologise for the delay with our article, it is still pending approval before being posted.

I've read the article and it mostly covers the troubleshooting tests you have already mentioned in your initial post so I'm not sure if it's going to be able to provide the additional support you are seeking.

The only other option that is mentioned would be to connect another device, (e.g. DVD/Blu-ray player or TV) with ANT-IN and ANT-OUT (or RF-IN and RF-OUT) ports between the wall socket and the Fetch box. Although given your other testing I'm not sure if this would help the situation.

It's not the desired outcome but as I mentioned in my initial reply, it would appear that Fetch TV is not going to be compatible at your current address and you should seek cancellation options via the retention team on 133937.

I really do apologise that there isn't more the moderators of this forum can provide.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

So, how do you explain the fact that for two years, I used and enjoyed the facilities offered on your Gen 2 Fetchbox which operated FLAWLESSLY  until Optus disconnected it and sent me a New Gen 3 Mighty Fetch Box - not one but three at last count and none of them works....

- My house has not moved. 

- My aerial is still the same one that your Gen 2 box used without any problems and provided impeccable service. 

- All the cables haven’t been changed. 

-  My TV set is still the same one and is located in the exact same spot as when it was connected and working with THE WORKING  Gen 2 Box. 

EVERYTHING ON MY SIDE HAS NOT CHANGED IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER.

THE ONLY THING THAT HAS CHANGED IS THE FETCHBOX 2 THAT HAS BEEN REPLACED BY THREE MIGHTY FETCHBOXES AND NOT ONE OF THEM WORKS. 

ITS NOT ROCKET. SCIENCE TO DEDUCT WHAT IS THE PROBLEM BY A SIMPLE ELIMINATION PROCESS ..,

Am I missing something here????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

The issue is that the Mighty box has more TV tuners than the Gen 2 box. So the signal is split across more tuners, meaning less signal strength for each of them. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

What is the point in providing a seemingly better piece of equipment if it DOES NOTVWORK???

Is this supposed to be an improvement????

In all my years of dealing with technology, I have NEVER EVER come across such a situation where in fact, more means less. 

But the worse part is that Optus simply buries its head in the sand and simply tells me to ACCEPT this a fact of life and to walk away from the problem with a smile on my face....

How can an ‘improved’ 🤮 product be released into the market place when, judging by the number of complaints on various forums , ( including the ‘Optus Yes Crowd’ , this product fails dismally ???

There should be a total recall of this piece of crap and a return to the previous version that worked. 

Improvement, by definition in general parlance, means to go forward m, NOT BACKWARD. 

How did this product pass any quality Testing before it was released ? Personally, I don’t think it was even checked out before being sent out to suckers like me....

What did Samsung do when one of their smart phones caught fire?

What did the air bag manufacturers do when a fault was discovered in their product?

What do supermarkets do when a food item is found to be contaminated?

Am I being unreasonable here to expect Optus to do exactly the same thing instead of telling its customers to *moderated* off and be happy with a useless product that does not work for many BUT IS AN IMPROVEMENT  ???🤮🤮

0 Kudos