Searching...

No internet

Euro-dekkd

I've had no internet service for a few days and received a text from Optus telling me that the problem had been resolved, I have a fault reference, I've tried searching on the Optus website to see where I could let Optus know that the fault still exists

what happens next 

Re: No internet

SillyGogo

If you haven't restart your modem, then restart your modem to see if it helps. What have you tried so far?

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Euro-dekkd

It's the first thing I tried, I had it switched of for a least 5 minutes but still nothing  

SillyGogo

Please tell me about your connection (adsl, NBN etc). What equipment do you have (sagem modem etc). What error or light message do you get when you try to connect? What was the issue(s) that Optus advised you when they said it is resolved?

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Euro-dekkd

I have a netgear modem supplied by Optus 

Euro-dekkd

I have a netgear modem, cable connection and when I first talked to optus yesterday I was told the fault was on the next street and given a fault number, 

called again today and I had the same response then received a text about an hour ago saying fault had been resolved 

SillyGogo

Have a check https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status and see if there is an reported fault in your area. 

I had cable internet before and sometime when they report a fault has been resolve can takes a few hours before I can have a solid connection again. Are the Internet, Upload and Dowload lights on the modem solid or blinking? 

Maybe disconnect the lan cables and disable wifi, power off the modem, unplug it from the wall for a few minutes (5 etc), . Watch Little Big Shot, come back and restart the modem and see if the lights become solid. IF yes, then start to reconnect the cable and reanable your wifi. 

If Not, then contact optus technical support and see if the issue actually resolved.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
50 Kudos
19 Kudos
16 Kudos
15 Kudos
12 Kudos