Searching...

No free to air channels on Fetch Mighty

BillyBaroo

So I've had three fetch mighty boxes in the last few months and all receive NO free to air channels.

Each time I've spoken to Optus support I've been told ...
  This is a known problem with the fetch mighty. A firmware update is 'imminent'

Just in case, I had a new aerial professionally installed.
I've done countless re-scans.
All TVs in our house work fine, including one that uses the same aerial point the fetch would use.

My parents have a non-Optus fetch mighty which works fine. Imagine the ruckus if someone bought one from a retail store, took it home, and it didn't work. Why is getting one through Optus any different?

I'm a programmer myself, and when something used to work but now doesn't.. we check what's changed in the code and fix it. It doesn't take months, especially for problems that affect so many.

Come on Optus. This is nowhere near good enough.

Re: No free to air channels on Fetch Mighty

Hannah-L

Hi @BillyBaroo, I've requested an update from our Networks team on this issue and have been advised they've been working with Fetch to try and resolve it. They're running some testing with select customers using aerial splitters at the moment and we expect to have those results in the coming weeks.

Ozkt

Same.  I have tried a channel scan every day for the last week.  I upgraded my cables.  The fta channels all work without the Optus fetch box.  However channels 10, 1 and associated channels will not show up on my fetch box.  Did a full sift reset and still nothing.  This is bit an issue with any of my equipment as it works perfectly without the box.  Will Optus ever fix this? 

Highlighted

AJ123

Hey There I have been having the same issue. I spent money getting a better cable, my electrician checked the connection to the wall & if I plug the antenna into the tv from the wall I get all the channels, however, Fetch Mighty will not pick up channel 7 & channel 9 & related channels. I used to get them & now they have disappeared. I have also done numerous channel scans with no success.

Please fix this issue. I am a new Optus customer who switched from Foxtel & never had any problems there. 

Toomey

Hey @AJ123, sorry to hear of the run around this has caused. Please send through your details via the online form and someone will follow up on this for you → Report a problem with TV or Content

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

BillyBaroo

I was very sceptical when Optus suggested a splitter might fix the problem. If I already had a splitter installed, I’d expect they’d have asked me to remove it! But I’ll try anything. I’m still waiting for the splitter optus/fetch have apparently sent so in the meantime, I’ve tried an old splitter I had. Blow me down… it works! The signal was too strong for the Fetch (but not other devices). I didn’t think that was possible! So I’m happy I finally got through to the ‘right’ person otherwise I’d still be waiting for that elusive ‘firmware update’.

Hope this helps some other people out there.

Dan_C

Hey @BillyBaroo,

I've had a scroll through the ticket that's been raised for the FTA Fetch issue - 16208454. The last remark left advises the following, "Overall out of the 11 customers 5 have confirmed it has resolved the issue, 2 say issue still occurring and 4 are unconfirmed. We still need to confirm some more but its looking like the splitter could fix up a lot of issues." Let us know how it all goes. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Jessica4

Hello

The same issue is also happening to me. The channel scanner can not pick up all free to air channels. When I plug antenna into the tv all the channels work fine. It would be much appreciated if someone can help me. 

Thanks 

AJ123

Thanks for your response. I have been unable to complete the form as Optus won’t accept my details. I have since purchased a splitter and another cable with no success. I have called tech support a couple of times and they just say it’s a known issue with no timeframe for fixing. I’m not impressed. Can someone please sort this out or contact me?

AlexRH

Hi @AJ123, sorry to hear that's been the case Smiley Sad I get that it'd be really frustrating, we can pop a referral through to our TV & Content team for you. Can you please PM me with your account number, full name, DOB and best contact number? 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
75 Kudos
71 Kudos
23 Kudos
19 Kudos
17 Kudos