Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Contributor RB1
Contributor

No audio.

Hi
I am trying to play movie box on my iPad,I can see video but no audio is this a iPad issue or do I need to change some settings on the box or the iPad.
I have the latest firmware.
Ron
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Moderator Tris

Re: No audio.

That's pretty strange! Have you tried deleting and re-installing the app? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor RB1
Contributor

Hi Tris,
Thanks for your reply,yes I have deleted and reinstalled tha app but still no audio.
I will try again tomorrow but I don't think it will make a difference.I have another iPad and I will install the app on it and see if it works on it.
I installed the app on my samsung phone and it works ok on it
Ron
0 Kudos
Contributor RB1
Contributor

Hi,
I reinstalled the app but still no audio.
I installed the app on the other iPad we have and it worked fine,so it must have something to do with the ipad I am trying to use.
I noticed the first time I used the app on the ipad I did the test on I got a message box saying that the iPad was registered to use on Movie Box ,but I didn't get this message on the ipad I am trying to use.
Ron
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Marcel
RetiredModerator

Thanks for getting back to us Ron. Looks like that's defintiely an issue with the iPad, seems strange though that you didn't get that message on this iPad. Are both iPad's running on the same software? Try resetting the device to see if that may fix it. Cheers!

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Contributor RB1
Contributor

Hi Marcel,
Both iPads are running on IOS 7.0.4 and yes I did try resetting the iPad but made on difference to the audio .the only difference between the iPads is the one that works ok is the Air model and the one that is not playing audio is the model before the air,but I don't think that is the issue.
Regards,
Ron
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Tom
RetiredModerator

Hi Ron, when you reset the device, was this just a network reset via the settings? If this hasn't worked, one other step could be to do a full back-up and restore of the device (just ensure that app deleted prior to starting this) so see if any change from this point.

So you have no issues with any other apps in regards to game sounds and video audio etc.?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Contributor RB1
Contributor

Hi Tom,
I have no audio issues with any other iPad apps only with the Optus Fetch App,so I am not going to proceed further with this issue as I don't want to muck around with the iPad .
Thanks for your advice.
Regards,
Ron
0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

I was looking at your earlier posts and noticed you mentioned about receiving a message on the STB about the other ipad.

The app does need to be paired with the STB so might be the problem

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor RB1
Contributor

Hi Tris,
It must be paired as I can watch the movie from movie box but there is no audio only video and I can do the other functions through the app.
HI ALL THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND ADVICE,I HAVE WORKED OUT THE PROBLEM,I MOVED THE SILENT/SCREEN ROTATION DOCK ON THE TOP RIGHT OF THE IPAD AND THE AUDIO IS NOW OK.
THE ONLY THING I CANT UNDERSTAND IS WHY THE MOVIES I PLAY FROM MY NAS WORKED OK.

Ron
0 Kudos